HDMI Out to Sony PVM (VGA Adaptor to BNC)

Discussion about displays and related hardware including MiSTer filters and video settings.
metalfacemark

HDMI Out to Sony PVM (VGA Adaptor to BNC)

Unread post by metalfacemark »

I picked up a 14" Sony PVM last week, these dont come up too often where i live so surprisingly when a 20" came up this week i picked that up too.

Id like to run the Mister to both PVM's - so i can stick the smaller one in tate mode - ive tried using a hdmi to VGA adaptor but i just get a garbled screen on it - i can see something behind it but its just not syncing, ive tried Direct video = 1 and hdmi limited - 2

I do have a second mister but its a digital one - was hoping i could keep both screens connected at the same time but i dont know if its possible, just wondered if anyone had any solution to running HDMI to VGA for a PVM monitor?

akeley
Top Contributor

Re: HDMI Out to Sony PVM (VGA Adaptor to BNC)

Unread post by akeley »

Mister.ini:

forced_scandoubler=0 ; set to 1 to run scandoubler on VGA output always (depends on core).
;ypbpr=0 ; set to 1 for YPbPr on VGA output. (obsolete. see vga_mode)
vga_mode=rgb ; supported modes: rgb, ypbpr, svideo, cvbs. rgb is default.
composite_sync=1 ; set to 1 for composite sync on HSync signal of VGA output.
direct_video=1 ; 1 - enable core video timing over HDMI, use only with VGA converters.
vga_sog=0 ; 1 - enable sync on green (needs analog I/O board v6.0 or newer).

You also need to make sure the 3 R-G-B plugs from your cable go into appropiate sockets and the 4th one into Ext Sync (this one might have different colour depending on cable). Depending on your PVM model, you might need to press Ext Sync &Line RGB buttons too, and maybe look into the PVM menu, on some models you can assign Component/RGB inputs in there too.

metalfacemark

Thank you, i have all the cables in the correct sockets - if i switch the two vga cables around the screen goes fine on the opposite screen if that makes sense.

metalfacemark

Can I use 70ohm bnc out on one pvm to pvm in on the other one ?