Intermittently no picture when powering up

Discussion about displays and related hardware including MiSTer filters and video settings.
mario64

Intermittently no picture when powering up

Unread post by mario64 »

Hi all,

About half of the time when I power on my MISTer I get no picture. My Samsung Q60R just goes to its "waiting for input signal" screen. I can power it off then back on again and everything is ok. I'd love to know what's causing this though as it is quite annoying. Anyone else getting this behavior? vsync_adjust is set to 1

Thanks,
mario
keith.f.kelly

Re: Intermittently no picture when powering up

Unread post by keith.f.kelly »

See the other thread I just posted under "Display Devices" about advice for HDMI users.
mario64

Unread post by mario64 »

keith.f.kelly wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:15 pm See the other thread I just posted under "Display Devices" about advice for HTML users.
Excellent thank you! Ordered one. Will give it a shot
Sigismond0

Unread post by Sigismond0 »

I had something similar after yesterday's update. Whenever I would switch from mt CRT-based ini to my HDMI-based ini, the menu wouldn't send any HDMI signal to my TV. If I opened a core, it would start displaying correctly, and I could exit back to the menu and it would work. I turned it off and back on and tested 5-6 times and it was consistent in this behavior--the HDMI signal just wasn't being sent on the menu core until after I launched a console core.

I then submitted an issue on Github, Sorg replied and said he couldn't replicate, and now I can't replicate the issue.
mario64

Unread post by mario64 »

Sigismond0 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:57 pm I had something similar after yesterday's update. Whenever I would switch from mt CRT-based ini to my HDMI-based ini, the menu wouldn't send any HDMI signal to my TV. If I opened a core, it would start displaying correctly, and I could exit back to the menu and it would work. I turned it off and back on and tested 5-6 times and it was consistent in this behavior--the HDMI signal just wasn't being sent on the menu core until after I launched a console core.

I then submitted an issue on Github, Sorg replied and said he couldn't replicate, and now I can't replicate the issue.
Weird. Same exact thing happened to me yesterday. It took several power cycles (more than usual) before I could get a picture.
Sigismond0

Unread post by Sigismond0 »

mario64 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:02 pm]Weird. Same exact thing happened to me yesterday. It took several power cycles (more than usual) before I could get a picture.
Good to know I'm not just crazy!