DualSense

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
Missus

Re: DualSense

Unread post by Missus »

jd213 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:31 pm

I like the DualSense for racing games and it seems to have the lowest lag among analog controllers on the MisterAddons database. I haven't used mine that much so can't personally attest to its durability, but Google seems to bring up a good bit of people with broken USB ports. For $75 you would hope it would be durable, but I guess not. Haven't looked into it much, but there seems to be some repair guides online as well. I'd imagine the USB port can be re-soldered easily enough and might be more reliable if the lead-free solder is replaced with leaded solder.

eh, you have to consider the use case.
the controllers are durable but the conditions they endure are often harsh. same goes for phones

some people destroy ports and charging cables from regular (ab)use, but if you take care of your hardware modern devices are pretty robust and will last.

i dont think the dualsense ports are weaker than any other device or somehow defective, at least in my experience. but because its a controller, they are often beat up and put through the ringer

ExCyber

Re: DualSense

Unread post by ExCyber »

Does anyone know a good way to identify a charger that can actually fast-charge a DualSense? Legacy USB power from a hub or PC port has worked consistently for me, but is slow. The fast chargers and laptop power supplies I have run the gamut, including not charging at all. The needed standard is supposed to be "USB Battery Charging 1.2", which is a hard thing to search for on most sites, and I'm not sure that most vendors specifically advertise support for it even when the charger does support it.