Official MiSTer FPGA Discord

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
danbee

Re: Official MiSTer FPGA Discord

Unread post by danbee »

Karmeck wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:36 am I feel I have been mistreated (and/or disproportionately punished), there for an apology is hard to muster.
If it was just one person I'd potentially agree, but multiple people all agree that your behavior constituted harassment and you were not polite.

The thing to do now is to apologize and reflect on how you acted.
Flandango
Core Developer

Unread post by Flandango »

You still don't get it and you are still digging yourself into a deeper hole.
A word of advice, you don't need a moderator to warn you that what you are doing is not right.
As you have noticed and said... "d0pe made clear that his patience was running out", should have been enough of a hint that you may be coming off as harassing.
Maybe that wasn't your true intentions but in the end it is and if you are persistent in that form of conduct, you get banned, with or without a warning.
D0pefish or any other developer, board/discord member or simply a passerby does not need to post warnings that they can only tolerate so much abuse nor should they accept any form of abuse.

I would strongly recommend that you just drop it. I know you are upset and want to vent out, but as many have already warned you, you are only making things worse for yourself and you may also get banned from here.
Malor
Top Contributor

Unread post by Malor »

You're still blaming d0pefish for your behavior. I would be very surprised by any response other than the hardest of noes from the mods.
aberu
Core Developer

Unread post by aberu »

Karmeck wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:36 amMaybe d0pe should take a page from Sorgelig book and keep to developing and writing guides on github. And let others handle suport.
This is such an unhealthy and parasocial way to behave. I won't be as diplomatic as Kitrinx has been with you. You exhibit stalker like behavior, act entitled and selfish toward a person who has a day job and a personal life, etc... While still finding the time of day to make things that you (ostensibly) like to use.

For some reason you think this is some waitress refusing to give you Jalapeno poppers at Applebee's. And even then, you would get kicked out of the restaurant and banned if I were managing it if you got creepy, parasocial, and all this other crap.

Be a normal person. Just be normal Karmeck. Please be normal.
birdybro~
Malor
Top Contributor

Unread post by Malor »

About entitlement, I've seen this in other community as well. That creators of free content can absolutely not be criticized, and the usual respons is, do it better yourself.
Sorry, that is not a constructive respons, and absolutely does not solve my issue.
If you haven't figured this out yet, nobody here cares about your issue but you. You are not entitled to any support whatsoever from a free project.

Normally, I'm pretty relaxed in my own moderation duties elsewhere, but if I were a mod here, I'd ban you from the forums, too. Your sense of entitlement to other people's time is not a net positive to the community.

It's your responsibility to make your system work, not ours.
Karmeck

Unread post by Karmeck »

Malor wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:21 pm
About entitlement, I've seen this in other community as well. That creators of free content can absolutely not be criticized, and the usual respons is, do it better yourself.
Sorry, that is not a constructive respons, and absolutely does not solve my issue.
If you haven't figured this out yet, nobody here cares about your issue but you. You are not entitled to any support whatsoever from a free project.

Normally, I'm pretty relaxed in my own moderation duties elsewhere, but if I were a mod here, I'd ban you from the forums, too. Your sense of entitlement to other people's time is not a net positive to the community.

It's your responsibility to make your system work, not ours.
You do realize, right?, that the vast majority of topics, on this forum, is from users asking questions to get their system or a specific game to work/run.

Just like I did on discord. I foolishly thought asking for help in the midi section was a good idea, while having trouble geting my mt32-pi to work.

I did get help though, dope was verry supportive and we were able to identify most of the issues I had (missing jumper, missing pins, missing roms).

I think I became too much while trying to get the mt32-pi online updater to work.
Xbytez
Site Admin

Unread post by Xbytez »

Karmeck please refrain from continuing your narrative, in this thread or by starting any new threads in relation to your Discord ban.

I have also removed a number of posts which are off topic, this is not a MiSTer FPGA Discord ban appeal / ban discussion thread. Any more off topic posts in this thread will also be removed, please keep this thread on the subject of the topic in hand which is the MiSTer FPGA Discord, thanks.