8bitdo M30 2.4g (DB9 ver.) + 2600-daptor D9? [Solved]

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
ItalianGrandma

8bitdo M30 2.4g (DB9 ver.) + 2600-daptor D9? [Solved]

Unread post by ItalianGrandma »

Maybe someone has an idea of what’s going on....

Tom who makes the 2600 daptors was nice enough to add support for the M30 2.4g (DB9 ver.) to his adapter for me by increasing the power the adapter sends to the M30 dongle.

While the controller now works fine on my raspberry pi, on the MiSTer the dongle just blinks rapidly and starts sending random inputs. It did this before the firmware update too.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on and how it could potentially be fixed? Not a huge deal...if no one can figure it out I’ll just get or make a daemonbite at some point..
ItalianGrandma

Re: 8bitdo M30 2.4g (DB9 ver.) + 2600-daptor D9?

Alright, I figured it out!

And the answer is....separate PSUs!! I wonder if it’a an issue with the Y Splitter I’m using with the USB Hub....

For anyone who stumbles on this thread having a similar issue with the 2600-daptor: Let me know and I will send you the firmware!
MammonMachiner

Re: 8bitdo M30 2.4g (DB9 ver.) + 2600-daptor D9? [Solved]

Unread post by MammonMachiner »

Hi, sorry to necro the thread but I don't have the ability to send PMs yet. I just ordered this adapter myself, along with the same controller, and I'm unable to get it to work. I was wondering if you could send me the firmware you mentioned? Thanks in advance!
ItalianGrandma

MammonMachiner wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:23 pm Hi, sorry to necro the thread but I don't have the ability to send PMs yet. I just ordered this adapter myself, along with the same controller, and I'm unable to get it to work. I was wondering if you could send me the firmware you mentioned? Thanks in advance!
Here is the firmware: https://file.io/yZ9UmE4wzE7y

Be sure to read the update instructions here: http://2600-daptor.com/2600-firmware%20D9.htm

Also, as a follow-up to my comment on separate PSUs solving my issue, it turned out that my old Y-Splitter was dropping voltage. The 2600-daptor works fine with the M30 using my newer Y-splitter and only one PSU!
MammonMachiner

ItalianGrandma wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:45 am
MammonMachiner wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:23 pm Hi, sorry to necro the thread but I don't have the ability to send PMs yet. I just ordered this adapter myself, along with the same controller, and I'm unable to get it to work. I was wondering if you could send me the firmware you mentioned? Thanks in advance!
Here is the firmware: https://file.io/yZ9UmE4wzE7y

Be sure to read the update instructions here: http://2600-daptor.com/2600-firmware%20D9.htm

Also, as a follow-up to my comment on separate PSUs solving my issue, it turned out that my old Y-Splitter was dropping voltage. The 2600-daptor works fine with the M30 using my newer Y-splitter and only one PSU!
Cool, thanks very much! I actually ordered a better PSU from zerohimself (The Triad 4 Amp one), along with a new y-splitter with a power button, so I'm hoping that will be sufficient. With the stock PSU, it seems like I can only have around 3 things plugged into the USB hub before I start having issues.

I had one other question if you don't mind: What's the pairing process for the M30 with the daptor? Does auto-sense work for it or do you need to set up the little switches in a certain way? The instructions on the site were confusing me a bit.

Thanks again!

Edit: Oh, it looks like the download has been deleted already. I see that there's a firmware update on the official daptor site from last year so I'm wondering if that might include the M30 support anyway?
ItalianGrandma

Wow, that's so silly that the site deleted the download after just over 24 hours...

That newest firmware is a few months later than the date on the one I have, so it probably has it! I'd assume it's in there, but if you find it still doesn't work, just let me know and I'll get the other firmware to you!

I just left my adapter on auto sense, the M30 should just pair automatically.
MammonMachiner

I just got my new PSU so I was going to try updating the daptor soon. Unfortunately, I'm still having the same exact issue with my USB hub 2.1, where it seems if I have to many things plugged in, some of the ports won't stay a solid green, if they come on at all. I'm not sure if the hub is faulty or what. I'm using a new y-splitter/power switch cord that came directly from misteraddons so I figure it should be sufficient for the job. I'm not sure what could be causing this behavior. Think I might make a thread about it.

Thanks again for the help! I'll let you know if the latest firmware on the site works out with the M30.