Arcade Cores Missing Files

coptimus

Arcade Cores Missing Files

Unread post by coptimus »

Hello. Up until recently, I had a perfectly working bunch of Arcade cores. Now, I have a ton that don't work. I started by completely re-installing the MiSTer software from scratch. Used the update scripts to get everything up to date. All of the Arcade cores download, but invariably, I keep getting a message of a missing file.

To narrow down, I'll choose a single core and MRA file. Here is my folder structure

/media/fat/_IremM62
/media/fat/_IremM62/cores
/media/fat/_IremM62/mame
/media/fat/_IremM62/hbmame

Under /_IremM62, I have the "Battle Road.mra"
Under /cores, I have "Arcade-IremM62_20200601.rbf"
Under /mame, I have the "battroad.zip" (mame 221)

Running the Battle Road mra file always gives me "br-b-5p missing."
That file is in the zip file. Each file within the zip file matches the CRC for the mame 221 merged set.
Further, each file in the MRA file has the correct and matching CRC.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm running 128M RAM and an I/O board. My console cores work fine.
Cebion

Re: Missing Files

Unread post by Cebion »

check if you have any mame folders under fat/games/
coptimus

There is both a mame and hbmame folder there. Both are empty. As another note...I started over again with a different SD card. I ran the update script and also ran Retrodriven Mame SE.

Same errors.

I have an external HDD with all of my console stuff on it. There is a game folder there and within...there is a mame and hbmame folder. There are roms there. Ironically...there are no roms in the mame and hbmame folder under _Arcade.
KnC

Unread post by KnC »

if you run the scripts then you should have a mame and hbmame folder in _arcade with the roms in them any other mame and hbmame folder needs removing like the ones mentioned that are in the game folder
lomdar67

Unread post by lomdar67 »

coptimus wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:11 am Ironically...there are no roms in the mame and hbmame folder under _Arcade.
Depending on your update.ini this is not ironically but normal. Please post your update.ini file. Until we see this everything is guesswork.
We raise hopes here...until they're old enough to fend for themselves.
--Mike Callahan
coptimus

I followed everyone's advice. The only mame and hbmame folders are now under _Arcade. When I was running the retrodriven mame script last night, I was noticing a bunch of 403 Forbidden errors. I ran it again this morning and it picked up the roms.

All is working now. I appreciate everyone's help. You guys/gals are the best.

BTW...I know I was asked for the .ini file for the update script. Here is the pertinent part.

#========= DIRECTORY OPTIONS =========

#Base directory for all script’s tasks, "/media/fat" for SD root, "/media/usb0" for USB drive root.
BASE_PATH="/media/fat"

#This is your Arcade Directory
#Change Name if needed
#NOTE: The directory needs an underscore "_" for MiSTer to see the Directory
ARCADE_FOLDER="_Arcade"