Weird disk saving issue

killersquirel

Weird disk saving issue

Unread post by killersquirel »

I started to play Briley Witch Chronicles and I saw a problem where sometimes it would hang on the saving screen. This would happen with either the standard bios or jiffy dos, the Japanese bios, and also the C64GC bios. Sometimes it would save and other times it will just hang on the saving screen. At first I thought this was a Briley Witch issue, but I noticed it on a cracked high score saving version of Zenji today as well.

The interesting thing is that if you press F12 to get the OSD that will be very slow in reacting to any control inputs as you try to navigate the OSD. Is this happening with anyone else?
killersquirel

Re: Weird disk saving issue

Unread post by killersquirel »

I think I figured out my issue. I have my games located on an external hard drive. When I moved the save file disk over to the SD card I haven't had an issue with saving. I am now in the process of transferring my C64 games over to the SD card in case any of the disks are savable ones. Is there a way that you can split games over an SD card and an external hard drive or is it one or the other?