2 Controllers Configured, however not Start/Select on Player 2

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
sarcoptic

2 Controllers Configured, however not Start/Select on Player 2

Unread post by sarcoptic »

I know this must be simple but can't figure out what I am missing. I have 2 usb wired controllers (dualsense and dualshock 4) all properly configured through the settings. All buttons on both controllers are verified correctly using the controller test application. However, when I start a core like TurboDuo, I cannot get the start button (run) to do anything on the 2nd controller thus not allowing a 2nd player to join the game. The same with NES core. The 2nd controller acts as if there is no select/start button and can't pause games. What setting am I missing that needs to be flipped? Thanks!
gibs

Re: 2 Controllers Configured, however not Start/Select on Player 2

Unread post by gibs »

Try to:

1/Launch the core
2/ choose a direction with controller one. (it will set your controller as controller 1)
3/ choose a direction with controller two. (it will set your controller as controller 2)

Then TEST :)
sarcoptic

Unread post by sarcoptic »

I hit a direction and the controllers are set as player 1 and player 2 as expected. The controls all work on both controllers except for the start button on controller 2. It doesn't do anything.

Actually it was your post that I referenced where you were having the same issue @gibs:
viewtopic.php?p=43670
MostroW

Unread post by MostroW »

what about going into terminal and remove the key bindings file for example the NES of TurboDuo settings file(s) and then boot the core and try to bind again?

i had a similar kind of issue where when i reassigned a specific button it just wouldn't work, but when i deleted the key binding file(s) they accepted the new input.
gibs

Unread post by gibs »

sarcoptic wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:26 pm I hit a direction and the controllers are set as player 1 and player 2 as expected. The controls all work on both controllers except for the start button on controller 2. It doesn't do anything.

Actually it was your post that I referenced where you were having the same issue @gibs:
viewtopic.php?p=43670
What I did is : the "start" button on controller 2 is wired on the second joystick.
Then when I configure the controllers for a core:
For controller 1, when the core ask to press a key for "Start player 2", instead I press "space" on the keyboard.
For controller 2, when the core ask to press a key for "Start player 1", instead I press "space" on the keyboard.

hope it helps :)