Memory Inserted Backwards Into The Slot!

marcelosofth

Memory Inserted Backwards Into The Slot!

Unread post by marcelosofth »

Friends, I went to put the second memory in Mister, but I put it on the wrong side and now the slot doesn't work anymore, only the other one in the Memory test, and now?
Attachments
memoria.jpg
memoria.jpg (108.38 KiB) Viewed 2242 times
FPGA64
Top Contributor

Re: Memory Inserted Backwards Into The Slot!

Unread post by FPGA64 »

Memory test doesnt work with Dual Ram. It only tests the primary slot
marcelosofth

FPGA64 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:57 pm Memory test doesnt work with Dual Ram. It only tests the primary slot
Alright, if it only tests the primary slot, does that also apply that games only load in the primary slot?

Because I tried to load a game with only the memory in the secondary slot above and it gives a memory error and the game doesn't load!

So automatically I thought I burned the secondary slot for turning it upside down!
FPGA64
Top Contributor

Unread post by FPGA64 »

You may well have killed it.

The Primary slot is used for every core. The only core that currently uses 2 that is publically available is the PSX beta core.

check each stick in the Primary slot. Then you will know if the Ram chips are undamaged
marcelosofth

FPGA64 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:17 pm You may well have killed it.

The Primary slot is used for every core. The only core that currently uses 2 that is publically available is the PSX beta core.

check each stick in the Primary slot. Then you will know if the Ram chips are undamaged
I already checked and the ram chips in the test show the number 3, only the secondary slot shows the number 0, so as you said only the primary slot is tested, so I ask, how will I know in the PSX core that slot 2 of memory is being used?
FoxbatStargazer
Top Contributor

Unread post by FoxbatStargazer »

marcelosofth wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:06 pm
FPGA64 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:57 pm Memory test doesnt work with Dual Ram. It only tests the primary slot
Alright, if it only tests the primary slot, does that also apply that games only load in the primary slot?

Because I tried to load a game with only the memory in the secondary slot above and it gives a memory error and the game doesn't load!

So automatically I thought I burned the secondary slot for turning it upside down!
If you are saying your primary slot is empty, shouldn't most cores fail to work?
FPGA64
Top Contributor

Unread post by FPGA64 »

marcelosofth wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:23 pm
FPGA64 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:17 pm You may well have killed it.

I already checked and the ram chips in the test show the number 3, only the secondary slot shows the number 0, so as you said only the primary slot is tested, so I ask, how will I know in the PSX core that slot 2 of memory is being used?
No you are not doing what I suggested

Only have memory in the primary slot and for each of the two chips, one at a time, test.

The PSX core needs to be one compiled for Dual Ram, not all the compiles do. If its dual ram enabled then one of the options will allow switching from DDr3 to SDram2, If that option is available then Dual Ram works.
marcelosofth

FoxbatStargazer wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:34 pm
marcelosofth wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:06 pm

If you are saying your primary slot is empty, shouldn't most cores fail to work?
It's just that I thought there was no difference to run on Slot1 or Slot2, but in the tests only on Slot1 the games work!
FPGA64
Top Contributor

Unread post by FPGA64 »

The Cores are all set up to only use Slot 1. Slot 2 is only usable by the experimental PSX core
marcelosofth

FPGA64 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:38 pm The Cores are all set up to only use Slot 1. Slot 2 is only usable by the experimental PSX core
I'm going to try to download the experimental PSX to see if it enables and uses slot2, because I'm still in doubt about having burned the DE-10 nano, because a little smoke came out and I quickly turned everything off, hence my suspicions!
FPGA64
Top Contributor

Unread post by FPGA64 »

if you saw smoke then you probably have killed either the Ram or the DE10 slot
marcelosofth

FPGA64 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:47 pm if you saw smoke then you probably have killed either the Ram or the DE10 slot
After placing the keys in the position of this image I enabled SDRAM2 and miraculously the audio tracks are playing music with the option inside the PSX "SDRAM2" turned on and not DDR3, thank God!

FI8OSbnXoAImwRD.jpg
FI8OSbnXoAImwRD.jpg (84.66 KiB) Viewed 1962 times