Awful sound?

Just got a MiSTer and need some help? Join the forum and post your questions here!
Bren McGuire

Re: Awful sound?

Unread post by Bren McGuire »

akeley wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:40 am Ignore the "MiSTer_example.ini". You already have "mister.ini" in the root of your SD card (media/fat/), that's the file @dshadoff meant. In there are all the settings governing MiSTer. Try changing the value of "vsync_adjust=" to 1 or 2 from 0. "0" is used for lowest latency, but some displays have problems with it and setting "1" or "2" might help.

You can read about it and other the mister.ini settings here: https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_Mi ... tion-Files
FPGA64 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:07 pm vsync_adjust=0 Default. Buffered 60hz HDMI video output, compatible with most HDMI devices.

vsync_adjust=1 Adjust output HDMI Vsync to match original Vsync. Lower latency than mode 0, but less compatible.

vsync_adjust=2 Low-latency mode, using the system's native pixel clock. This mode has the lowest latency, but it's the least-compatible.
I don't have any mister.ini, only the example.

I made a MiSTer.ini now, I put vsync_adjust=2 and it works, but nothing seemed to change (the audio is just as bad), although if I'm not sure if the system is even considering the file, I've put other options and nothing works (see below). Does it have to be lower case (mister.ini), or like the example (MiSTer.ini)?

Here's my mister.ini:

Code: Select all

key_menu_as_rgui=1
reset_combo=0
keyrah_mode=0x18d80002
vsync_adjust=2
I'm sure the first two options don't work, regarding the other two I don't know how to test them.