No Image Blank Screen From MiSTer

Discussion about displays and related hardware including MiSTer filters and video settings.
kwodkore

No Image Blank Screen From MiSTer

Unread post by kwodkore »

Hi all, brand new to the MiSTer scene, arrived a few days ago and went to set it up using a Dell 1704fpt screen using a DVI to HDMi cable...no joy just blank screen, tried VGA to VGA cable next...blank screen, I'm assuming I need to change some ini files on the SD card for the image to appear? any help would be much appreciated, looks like a great community...
jca
Top Contributor

Re: No Image Blank Screen From MiSTer

Unread post by jca »

A little more information would be useful.
If you have an HDMI monitor you could try it first. If not:
On the SD card you need a MISTer.ini file, there is an example on the SD card. Rename it to MISTer.ini and change
; set to 1 for DVI mode. Audio won't be transmitted through HDMI in DVI mode.
dvi_mode=0
It should give you 720p resolution which you can modify later by changing the value of video_mode.
kwodkore

Unread post by kwodkore »

I did try on an old small HD TV HDMI to HDMI and the menu came up fine but really I'd like to be using the Dell with the DVI to HDMI route, I was just puzzled at there not being any image at all, I'll try those .ini settings you suggested and see what happens, annoyingly my USB hub is not registering power either so can't actually use a keyboard and mouse to do the initial menu setup, but that's another problem I'm figuring out with the seller, may be a DOA board...🤦
futurepr0n

Unread post by futurepr0n »

Hey - the USB hub sometimes needs to be plugged in a few times in order to come "alive", be careful not to shock your device with a static shock or anything if you are using your nano naked - I fried one