CCD/IMG support

clarkkent

CCD/IMG support

Unread post by clarkkent »

I wonder if it would be possible to support CCD/IMG. I tried several programs to convert such images but always get the error message can not be read.
darksakul

Re: CCD/IMG support

Unread post by darksakul »

BIN/CUE and CHD are the two formats that are supported.
Bin/Cue from my understanding is standard and CCD/IMG/SUB, NRG, and MDF/MDS aren't supported as CD image files.
It is my great regret that we live in an age that is proud of machines that think and suspicious of people who try to.
Chris23235
Top Contributor

Unread post by Chris23235 »

clarkkent wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:46 am I wonder if it would be possible to support CCD/IMG. I tried several programs to convert such images but always get the error message can not be read.
Easiest way to convert these images on Windows is to mount them in a virtual drive with Daemon Tools and then use a program like imgburn to create new clean CUE/BIN images from these CCD-images.
clarkkent

Unread post by clarkkent »

As written in my first post, I get the error message that it can not be read, so converting is not possible.
akeley
Top Contributor

Unread post by akeley »

Wouldn't it be easier just to simply download them from the web in the proper format?
breiztiger
Top Contributor

Unread post by breiztiger »

CPC-Power Staff
Chris23235
Top Contributor

Unread post by Chris23235 »

clarkkent wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:25 pm As written in my first post, I get the error message that it can not be read, so converting is not possible.
Mount the CCD file with Daemon Tools. If this gives you an error then the image is not working at all.
softtest9

Unread post by softtest9 »

How to convert:

You can use this program to convert a .ccd to .cue: https://www.gnu.org/software/ccd2cue/

.img is identical to .bin, just change the file extension.

When all is done, open the .cue file in a text editor and verify that the contents point to the correct .bin file.

If someone would like to implement ccd/img support for the MiSTer, this information as well as ccd2cue's code might also be of help.
aberu
Core Developer

Unread post by aberu »

CCD+IMG+SUB is practically a legacy format at this point that most emulators don't seem to even support anymore. I agree with the others, for now you should just convert them or redownload the known-good redump cue/bin's instead. Who knows if ccd2cue is even going to do it correctly, whereas redump images are apparently very reliable.
birdybro~
zakk4223

Unread post by zakk4223 »

clarkkent wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:25 pm As written in my first post, I get the error message that it can not be read, so converting is not possible.
I suspect if none of the existing converters are capable of reading your images that if anyone decided to write support for Mister, they would also not work there.