Article about MiSTer in latest issue of Wireframe

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
Chris23235
Top Contributor

Article about MiSTer in latest issue of Wireframe

Unread post by Chris23235 »

Wireframe a magazine aimed at developers has an article on the MiSTer in its latest issue (61).

I didn't have the time to read it so far. The magazine can be downloaded in PDF form for free:

https://wireframe.raspberrypi.com/

EDIT: I had the chance to read the article now. It is well written with lots of info and quote from Sorgelig, Jotego and FPGAzumSpass. In contrast to the Edge article published a few months ago this article gives credit to the MiST system.
annette

Re: Article about MiSTer in latest issue of Wireframe

Unread post by annette »

Thanks for the pdf share, was a good read!

Till Harbaum is also given credit this is deserved and often missed out.

However this part is a mistake as Robert Peip created the GBA core not birdybro
According to the GBA core maker, birdybro,1600 official Game Boy Advance games have been tested and all of them have worked,
although some video glitches remain.
Chris23235
Top Contributor

Unread post by Chris23235 »

You are right, this is wrong, I didn't notice it because Robert is credited elsewhere in the article as the GBA core author correct.
aberu
Core Developer

Unread post by aberu »

I'm deeply embarassed by this error they made and have reached out to the author and wireframe to have it edited so the error gets removed... unfortunately it sounds like it's already been sent out in print. I just was made aware of this today a few hours ago... No one from that magazine even talked to me or reached out to me or anything like that, so I don't even know why my name is in there. I only contributed one single character of code to the core... It's possible the person that edited the article just lazily saw my name in the commit when they wrote it since I made that change a few weeks ago...
birdybro~