Wonderboy & Wonderboy in Monsterland

Insert Disk Two

Wonderboy & Wonderboy in Monsterland

Unread post by Insert Disk Two »

These are two of my favourite arcade games. Unfortunately neither have video processing and vertical crop options. Would it be possible for someone to add these or it really has to come from the developer?

Thanks!
aberu
Core Developer

Re: Wonderboy & Wonderboy in Monsterland

Unread post by aberu »

Either Jotego or someone willing to submit a pull request to Jotego's repos would have to do it. Typically Jotego adds these features to his own cores. He has a discord server, you could request directly there.
birdybro~
atrac17
Core Developer

Unread post by atrac17 »

Neither of those games are JT's. They belong to Sega System 1/2. One is in MiSTer-devel and the other via blackwine.
atrac17
Core Developer

Unread post by atrac17 »

Insert Disk Two wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:38 pm These are two of my favourite arcade games. Unfortunately neither have video processing and vertical crop options. Would it be possible for someone to add these or it really has to come from the developer?

Thanks!
I'll update blackwine's repo and add them. Another case where vertical crop will probably affect gameplay but whatever.
Insert Disk Two

Unread post by Insert Disk Two »

atrac17 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:43 pm
Insert Disk Two wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:38 pm These are two of my favourite arcade games. Unfortunately neither have video processing and vertical crop options. Would it be possible for someone to add these or it really has to come from the developer?

Thanks!
I'll update blackwine's repo and add them. Another case where vertical crop will probably affect gameplay but whatever.
Thanks you're the man 🤠

Anyone knows if I can get the updated file via update_all script or I have to get them manually? Cheers.
atrac17
Core Developer

Unread post by atrac17 »

Insert Disk Two wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:09 pm
atrac17 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:43 pm

Thanks!
Thanks you're the man 🤠

Anyone knows if I can get the updated file via update_all script or I have to get them manually? Cheers.
Starting on this now, I believe once blackwine fixes a few issues he'll push the updated core to mister-devel.
C-R-T

Unread post by C-R-T »

Is Wonder boy in monster land a new core? I don’t have it in my (update all updated) Mister.
fierman

Unread post by fierman »

C-R-T wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:58 am Is Wonder boy in monster land a new core? I don’t have it in my (update all updated) Mister.
It's not released yet, from what I understood there are some issues that need to be solved first. It is included in the zip file in this post however, and it is playable. https://www.patreon.com/posts/dakko-chan-is-in-55618085
mr-box

Unread post by mr-box »

anybody still working on the Wonder boy core it still has incorrect colors and there is something wrong with the scrolling . this is show in this video

Superhadouken

Unread post by Superhadouken »

I really love wonderboy but I don't like playing it on mister because the stutter scrolling. And I couldn't find anyone commenting this until now. I hope the dev could see this.

Retro-Nerd

Unread post by Retro-Nerd »

Is this really stuttering? I'm mean not all Arcade games had perfect scrolling. Look at e.g. Ghost'n Goblins. This was far from being smooth in the Arcades.

mr-box

Unread post by mr-box »

according to the guy in video there is something wrong with the scrolling and the colors you really cant tell just by watching the video but the guy claims its not right. i think mister x was working on this core but he is retired i hope somebody else who has the time can fix the colors and the scrolling