SN30 Pro Bluetooth Works but Then Does Not Work

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
Vara

SN30 Pro Bluetooth Works but Then Does Not Work

Unread post by Vara »

Hey all
So, I am using 3 controllers with the MiSTer,with that CSR 4.0 dongle that is recommended.

My 8bitDo Pro 2 works like a charm
My 8bitDo M30 works like a charm
My 8bitDo SN30 Pro is a disaster. It connects via bluetooth in the scripts/pair section, and afterwards I am able to use the controller without any issues at all. But, when I restart controller or the MiSTer, the SN30 Pro ALWAYS connects perfectly but there is no response for any input, nothing. I can only make it work when I each time have to do the pairing process again and then immediately use it.

I tested my SN30Pro on two additional devices (Laptop and PC) and it works perfectly there.

It is running the latest firmware from 8BitDo as well.

Any ideas here or facts about this particular device having issues? I had no luck lurking, only found threads about wired version and other issues. I did not test it wired as I do not want to play it in wired mode anyway.

Thanks in advance
TheRedDread

Re: SN30 Pro Bluetooth Works but Then Does Not Work

Unread post by TheRedDread »

I have a couple of the SN30 Pros as well and have the exact same issue. I found a few threads out there with people having the same issue. Some say you have to set the correct input mode and then pair it but that didn't work for me either. Each time I reboot, it loses its pairing (or I should say it appears paired but no longer works). I think they are confusing some of the other 8bitDo models with the SN30 Pro.

If you ever figure it out, please let me know.
MorkMikael

Unread post by MorkMikael »

i have the old 8bitdo sn30 pro the old snes style and the newer 8bitdo sn30pro and they work for me in B-mode and X-mode.
it is just that you need to turn off the controller and on after you reset the system i the crs 4.0 too.
i use the firmware 2021-11-16 sn30pro v1,38 .
my mister ver is v220517 and os v220413.
Vara

Unread post by Vara »

If so many people are encountering the same issue, it is save to say that the SN30Pro controller is just not fully optimized within the MiSTer system as of yet, but surely will be in the future, should be solved via updates. I am running the latest firmwave also on the controller, but on the MiSTer I am running on v220511 for now and it runs smoothly. Btw, if I am to update to the 220517 (or latest version), which update function you guys recommend?

Update
or
Update_all ?

I doubt that will solve the issue, but still worth updating the device's firmware.
MorkMikael

Unread post by MorkMikael »

Update_all or downloader

also remember that you always need to restart your controller after rest by powering it off and then on by start even if it says it is connected.

Vara

Unread post by Vara »

I got it working now, thanks.

I turned it on by Start+X, paired it, turned controller off, then back on , and it works flawlessly ever since.
keith.f.kelly

Unread post by keith.f.kelly »

Sometimes you must delete all Bluetooth device pairing and start over from scratch. I wrote a script (in the Scripts repo on GitHub) that does this. It's gotten me out of situations exactly like what you describe.