Question About This Memory Module

Showcase builds, discuss cases, embedding MiSTer into existing computer cases.
DakotaCat

Question About This Memory Module

Unread post by DakotaCat »

Does anyone know how this board should be installed into the DE10 (image attached). I just hit the buy it now for it on eBay so haven't received it yet. There doesn't appear to be any indication on which way round it goes!

Any help greatly appreciated, I can't find any images of a similar board installed. Apologies if I've somehow missed it. A forum Search didn't get any hits :-(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rickdangerous

Re: Question About This Memory Module

Unread post by rickdangerous »

This is an old Villena XXS board. Won't work several cores like MegaCD, Neogeo and Saturn.

MiSTer and FPGA Gaming European Shop
Classic MiSTer, MultiSystem, JAMMIX iTX and Official Addons.
https://ultimatemister.com powered by RetroShop.pt

DakotaCat

Re: Question About This Memory Module

Unread post by DakotaCat »

Ahhh dammit! Well I guess "Plan B" will have to be put into action and I will build one with the PCB I ordered. Actually technically it's plan "A". I'm pretty sure it uses the same ICs so I can probably use the ones from this board. Thanks for letting me know!

EDIT: Does anyone happen to know why this won't work with these Cores (NeoGeo etc)? As you can probably guess, NeoGeo was the main motivation for upgrading. I'm just a bit puzzled as it uses the same RAM ICs as the more common/newer RAM modules.

I've searched up the module by name and can't really find anything, unless I'm doing something wrong, the only search result was this thread :lol: