Let's collect CRT TV Service Mode codes?

Discussion about displays and related hardware including MiSTer filters and video settings.
Quaelgeist

Let's collect CRT TV Service Mode codes?

Unread post by Quaelgeist »

Hello everybody,

recently I ran into an issue which required me to adjust some settings in my TV's service menu and that made me realize what a hassle it can be to track down that code for a specific model, especially since the service manuals weren't handed out to the end users back in the day. (And especially if you want to avoid some shady sites on the web that claim to offer the manuals for money).

I'll start with the Sony Trinitron KV-29ls60e whose manual I found.
Does anybody happen to have the codes for the Philips Models 28PT7128/12 and 28PT4457/01?

SONY
------
Trinitron KV-29ls60e
[Prepare remote commander for Service mode]
  • Press VCR / TV / DVD button until TV LED lights
    Press & Hold yellow button until TV LED flashes quickly
    Press 9 9 9 9 9 -> all three LEDs should now light and the remote be in Service Mode.
To return remote to normal mode, repeat steps 1 and 2, then press 0 0 0 0 0 -> all three LEDs should light and remote be in normal mode again

Setting TV to Service Mode
  • Program remote commander for service mode as described above.
    Turn on TV main power switch
    Press Video Standby button on remote twice
    TT__ will appear in upper right corner of screen
    press menu
When done, switch TV off and on again.
akeley
Top Contributor

Re: Let's collect CRT TV Service Mode codes?

Unread post by akeley »

Quaelgeist wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:38 am Does anybody happen to have the codes for the Philips Models 28PT7128/12 and 28PT4457/01?
Philips 28PT4457 is chassis L01.1E so maybe this one will work:
https://freeservicemanuals.info/en/serv ... one/L011E/

Says to key in "062596" followed by OSD/STATUS button. It's the same for 28PT7128
https://freeservicemanuals.info/en/serv ... None/EM2E/

Quite often when you can't find manual for a particular model, it's good to look for its chassis number, if you know it.

It's a nice idea to collect some codes, but the number of differnet models can be bewildering. Probably just best list some common ones per manufacturer, they are usually interchangeable (like the [DISP], [5], [VOL+], [PICTURE] for Trinitrons)
Quaelgeist

Unread post by Quaelgeist »

It worked with the 28PT7128/12!
Thank you so much!
chopperthedog

Unread post by chopperthedog »

Late last week I learned of this service menu stuff for consumer CRT's. Vertical top and bottom was clipped in half before, now I see all the scores, insert coins, power meters and lives left. Anyway......

JVC AV-27530

Press sleep on remote to display "sleep timer 0 min." on screen.
While that is still on screen, from the remote press "video status" and the "display" buttons at same time.
Menu gives further instructions in the prompt.

*edit* Added pic of my before and after results. On my set the horizontal width in service menu had no effect, bet that is handled by a width coil internally. Also that curl in the upper left, being a 2004 unit I suspect that a cap job is in its future.

good day.
Attachments
inCollage_20220730_145600076.jpg
inCollage_20220730_145600076.jpg (4.2 MiB) Viewed 1458 times