New MiSTer Presets From Robby in Discord

Discussion about displays and related hardware including MiSTer filters and video settings.
MorkMikael

New MiSTer Presets From Robby in Discord

Unread post by MorkMikael »

New mister presets from Robby in discord.

MiSTer_Presets.zip
(5.02 KiB) Downloaded 322 times
edit github link https://github.com/RGarciaLago/VIDEO_PRESETS_by_Robby
Malor
Top Contributor

Re: New MiSTer Presets From Robby in Discord

Unread post by Malor »

Not all of us are on Discord, so telling us what the presets do would be informative.
kerobaros

Unread post by kerobaros »

They appear to be presets for the various video filters, including LCD filter presets for the various portable cores.
aberu
Core Developer

Unread post by aberu »

They are video presets that contain a combination of the following settings; hfilter, vfilter, sfilter, gamma, mask, and maskmode.

They are named according to robby's tastes I guess. There's a decent number of them so describing what each one does when the summary of what it does is in the filename seems kind of redundant. Download them and take a look.
birdybro~
Malor
Top Contributor

Unread post by Malor »

aberu wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:48 pm They are video presets that contain a combination of the following settings; hfilter, vfilter, sfilter, gamma, mask, and maskmode.

They are named according to robby's tastes I guess. There's a decent number of them so describing what each one does when the summary of what it does is in the filename seems kind of redundant. Download them and take a look.
So I should download, unpack, and inspect the files to find out if I'm interested in downloading the file?
FoxbatStargazer
Top Contributor

Unread post by FoxbatStargazer »

It's 5 KB to download. It probably less data than refreshing this webpage.
SegaMan

Unread post by SegaMan »

This filters are not included in the update_all skript right?
aberu
Core Developer

Unread post by aberu »

No they aren't. Just something someone came up with. The presets repo that distributes the presets from mister-devel is kept minimal on purpose because it can turn into a mess if you add too many things. These core specific ones would probably be welcome additions though if a PR were submitted.
birdybro~
SegaMan

Unread post by SegaMan »

Tested some of this presets yesterday. Like it!
Mr. Encyclopedia

Unread post by Mr. Encyclopedia »

Oh, these are excellent. The improved adaptive filter options were a welcome change when they came out earlier this year, but then I never saw them get a lot of official recognition. It's good to have these as a baseline for the various cores, and then folks can make changes to their taste or use these presets as a template for their own presets.
charmless

Unread post by charmless »

Mr. Encyclopedia wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:26 pm Oh, these are excellent. The improved adaptive filter options were a welcome change when they came out earlier this year, but then I never saw them get a lot of official recognition. It's good to have these as a baseline for the various cores, and then folks can make changes to their taste or use these presets as a template for their own presets.
I really like them too! I think they should be candidates as pre-sets.

tvspelsdagboken I run a video game site (in Swedish)

MorkMikael

Malor wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:39 am
aberu wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:48 pm They are video presets that contain a combination of the following settings; hfilter, vfilter, sfilter, gamma, mask, and maskmode.

So I should download, unpack, and inspect the files to find out if I'm interested in downloading the file?
thanks aberu.

i may have assumed that copying a ini file to present on mister explanatory.
also i may have assumed that if you were interested in mister presets you know what they are.

https://mister-devel.github.io/MkDocs_M ... ics/video/
https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_Mi ... efficients

also the ini file you download is contain the text and linking file already on you mister.

#Presets

hfilter=
vfilter=
sfilter=
gamma=
mask=
maskmode=

also you cant copy screen shots with video filters and i don't have a captor card.and i dident have access to my mister at the time i posted it.
also i do not have any knowledge about shadow mask, scanlines ,crt,gamma scan filters horz filters,vert filters ,scanfilters,lcd.nor the time to explain
ex. Console - 8-bit.ini, Console - 16-bit.ini, Console - 32-bit.ini dose.
Asteld

Unread post by Asteld »

What resolution are these presets designed for?

@OP: there's no need for such a passive aggressive reaction. You make a forum thread in which you share some files with zero context. There already are existing presets and I can make my own simply by experimenting. So what makes these specific filters special and/or worth creating a topic for?
Malor
Top Contributor

Unread post by Malor »

FoxbatStargazer wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:33 am It's 5 KB to download. It probably less data than refreshing this webpage.
The size of the data isn't the issue. The time involved in inspecting the files to even figure out what they do is the issue.
MorkMikael

Asteld wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:20 am What resolution are these presets designed for?

@OP: there's no need for such a passive aggressive reaction. You make a forum thread in which you share some files with zero context. There already are existing presets and I can make my own simply by experimenting. So what makes these specific filters special and/or worth creating a topic for?
nothing.
then do it. all i did was shearing files that i did not create for people on the forum because not every one uses discord. so people can have options for presets on mister that was not display based.

second how are you to decide what is and isn't relevant to post a forum topic about. but i learned my lesson.but do not come back and wonder why people do not post stuff form discord.

also it was 3pm my time.

also on discord they post the files on discord like that.
ï could have been clearer what it was but excepting me to post full reviews of 16 presets where i cant show pictures is a bit much.and then say i dont have time cant download the files to look what the present do.

here is what the original message from creator.

Hello! Here's a zip containing all the presets I've made for a bunch of different cores. Thanks to the amazing wealth of video options, I was able to put together presets for several different eras of consoles, handheld specific presets, a catch-all computer preset, and presets for both horizontal and vertical arcade games.

Hopefully it's useful to someone and if you feel any of the presets aren't as good as they can be, let me know!

MiSTer_Presets.zip
MorkMikael

thank you Asteld for this conversation.
will not post more in this post.
grizzly

Unread post by grizzly »

MorkMikael wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:38 pm here is what the original message from creator.

Hello! Here's a zip containing all the presets I've made for a bunch of different cores. Thanks to the amazing wealth of video options, I was able to put together presets for several different eras of consoles, handheld specific presets, a catch-all computer preset, and presets for both horizontal and vertical arcade games.

Hopefully it's useful to someone and if you feel any of the presets aren't as good as they can be, let me know!

MiSTer_Presets.zip
Yes that was not the most informative post about what was in the zip file either.
But at least it had some info and talked a little about what it was.

Your first post had almost none of that info, why not copy/paste the original post like you did in the quote?
I did see your first post fairly fast read it and had absolutely no idé at all what the hell it was, but IF that post would have had the quote from the original post i would have known what is was.

You say just download and check what it is!
Downloading random 100% unknown files just to check if they are something you have ANY use of or want is not something ANYONE should do.
It´s simply to dangerous and you can very,very easily get virus/malware/cyptominers/etc that way.
And yes due to the bad description that file was 100% unknown too MANY of us!
akeley
Top Contributor

Unread post by akeley »

MorkMikael wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:38 pm do not come back and wonder why people do not post stuff form discord.
I think you might be onto something here. The pettiness in this thread is borderline ridiculous, especially the last post about "cyptominers".
chimaera

Unread post by chimaera »

Thank you for posting these filters, i am currently using some of them as default in a couple of my cores!
Neocaron

Unread post by Neocaron »

Thanks for these! Some people are rude af. That's a fact. What matters at the end, is that some people enjoy the effort too! The filters are pretty great, so thank you!
mr-box

Unread post by mr-box »

anybody have any presets base on real arcade monitors
miabbqking

Unread post by miabbqking »

Hi there and apologies for asking but how do I set all arcade cores globally to the arcade presets?

MorkMikael wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:25 pm New mister presets from Robby in discord.

MiSTer_Presets.zip

Lightwave

Unread post by Lightwave »

miabbqking wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:38 pm Hi there and apologies for asking but how do I set all arcade cores globally to the arcade presets?

MorkMikael wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:25 pm New mister presets from Robby in discord.

MiSTer_Presets.zip

You can add an [arcade] section to mister.ini, then put these underneath and change them to your preferred settings:

vfilter_default=ExampleFolder/Example_Effect.txt
vfilter_vertical_default=ExampleFolder/Example_Effect.txt
vfilter_scanlines_default=ExampleFolder/Example_Effect.txt

you can also add [arcade_vertical] if you want to configure those separately.
miabbqking

Unread post by miabbqking »

Thanks! Worked!