Feature Request Reintroduce SNAC Support

chunky_tesco

Feature Request Reintroduce SNAC Support

Unread post by chunky_tesco »

For DB9 mice for Oil Imperium and 2 player mice games like hired guns, lemmings etc.
chunky_tesco

Re: Feature Request Reintroduce SNAC Support

Which release of minimig was the last to support SNAC?
aberu
Core Developer

Unread post by aberu »

I don't think it ever supported SNAC controllers (aside from a DB9 MiSTer fork out there somewhere). It supports MT32-Pi which is a little different even though it also uses the User IO port. You must be confused with DB9 on MiST, which isn't exactly the same thing as SNAC.
birdybro~
Malor
Top Contributor

Unread post by Malor »

The reason it came up is because apparently Oil Imperium has a minigame that samples the mouse at insane speeds, every single scanline, something like 12,000 times a second. None of the current USB controllers can get even close.

I suggested that maybe a SNAC connection to an actual Amiga mouse might help, and that set off a fair bit of discussion, and probably ultimately prompted this feature request. That conversation implied that Minimig on Mister used to be able to do that, but we could be running on bad data.
chunky_tesco

i've just realised that the oil drilling mini game can be played with the joystick!

Quark999

Unread post by Quark999 »

Unfortunately, it’s the pipeline laying minigame that has the problem in Oil Imperium, and that’s impossible with anything but a mouse. I haven’t found a solution yet…

Caldor
Top Contributor

Unread post by Caldor »

Yeah, I have long hoped to see this. One of the classic games I played a lot with my brother was The Settlers, and its just great fun to play with two mice.

I have also tried asking to get two mice support for the AO486 core. Serial mouse support has already been added to the PCXT core, but it sounds like it would not be enough to add that to the core because the MiSTer framework would need to be able to support it as well.