Buttons Not Working Certain Games

spikemorrissey

Buttons Not Working Certain Games

Unread post by spikemorrissey »

Hi,

I am using a Dualsense PSX5 pad for this core. Most games all the buttons work but some for example Tempest X3 and Who wants to be a millionaire (euro edition) I can navigate the menus but I cannot select the option to proceed

Could anyone advise please?
sark

Re: Buttons Not Working Certain Games

Unread post by sark »

I also seem to be having this issue. Running Dualsense in wired mode. I mapped the controller using the key mapper on the main menu, this mapping seems to work fine in a variety of other cores I tested. When using the PSX core, the buttons are functional while on the main PSX core menu, as well as when bringing up the menu while running a game. Unfortunately, when in the actual game, the face buttons (Square, Circle, Triangle, X), do not work, but everything else does. Swapping between digital and analog doesn't help either. I looked for a button mapper within the PSX core, but there doesn't seem to be one. Any advice here would be great.
FPGA64
Top Contributor

Unread post by FPGA64 »

Game doesnt support Analog is my guess. Switch the pad type in th Core menu to digital. Remember Analog was not present on launch of PSX so early games wont suppport it

With Dual Sense make sure you have updated the firmware on the controller either via a PS5 or via PC
spikemorrissey

Unread post by spikemorrissey »

FPGA64 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:48 am Game doesnt support Analog is my guess. Switch the pad type in th Core menu to digital. Remember Analog was not present on launch of PSX so early games wont suppport it

With Dual Sense make sure you have updated the firmware on the controller either via a PS5 or via PC
Thank you for the reply. Changing to digital made no difference.

The dualsense 5 pad works great and as it should with many games - it just seems quite a number of others it wont work - which doesnt make any sense as the settings are the same.
sark

Unread post by sark »

Swapping between analog and digital did not work for me either. I also ran a firmware update just to verify, no change, face buttons still do not work. I've also tried remapping buttons a few different ways, but nothing seems to fix the issue.
sark

Unread post by sark »

I found where the option to remap controllers was inside the PSX core. Remapping fixed my controller issues.
zoopster

Unread post by zoopster »

I've had problems with a dance mat and the symptoms sound very similar. The dance mat is set up in the menu core and the PSX core. The mat can be used to navigate game menus (tested with DDR dance games and RTypes) but in game nada. Very odd!