tty2rpi Add-On (shows core based pictures and videos on a HDMI or DSI display)

Showcase builds, discuss cases, embedding MiSTer into existing computer cases.
MiSTer Consoles

Re: tty2rpi Add-On (shows core based pictures and videos on a HDMI or DSI display)

Unread post by MiSTer Consoles »

I can't believe you were able to get those changes to the screensaver in so quickly. Absolute perfection. Bravo! :D

MiSTer Consoles

Re: tty2rpi Add-On (shows core based pictures and videos on a HDMI or DSI display)

Hi all. I modified a couple of my 3D printed enclosures for MiSTer to incorporate 5" HDMI screens powered by the Pi Zero 2 W and wanted to share a few pics. Normally my cases have a 3" display powered by an Uno board and running TTY2TFT software. I must say that these new larger displays are really a sight to behold. The extra real estate and higher quality of these screens is super impressive, especially now that game artwork can be displayed. Needless to say that my other consoles are a little bit jealous. :D A million thanks to RealLarry for making all this possible!

IMG_6471 - Copy.jpg
IMG_6472 - Copy.jpg
IMG_6474 - Copy.jpg
IMG_6475 - Copy.jpg
IMG_6477 - Copy.jpg
IMG_6482 - Copy.jpg
IMG_6483 - Copy.jpg
IMG_6484 - Copy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RealLarry
Top Contributor

Unread post by RealLarry »

Woah! My wife would say that bigger is always better! And she's always right. :D

Contributor of tty2oled, author of tty2tft, tty2rpi and update_tty2xxx
MiSTer Consoles

LOL! I'm definitely a believer in the philosophy "go big or go home!". ;)

metalfacemark

Unread post by metalfacemark »

I’m new to this with the display, is it possible to get the hdmi display out on a mini monitor while having vga crt for the main display?

I have a pihat for the Roland midi, can this do that and this or would I have to switch pies when setting this up?

RealLarry
Top Contributor

metalfacemark wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:57 pm

I’m new to this with the display, is it possible to get the hdmi display out on a mini monitor while having vga crt for the main display?

I have a pihat for the Roland midi, can this do that and this or would I have to switch pies when setting this up?

...I think I don't get it what you are asking for. But before you are trying to run tty2rpi on a mt-32pi or on the MiSTer itself: No, not possible (not to say impossible). tty2rpi is a totally independent device. Doesn't have to be a Raspberry Pi, any device which can run a Linux OS is enough.

metalfacemark

i was just wondering if i could have combined the MT32 which has a pi already with ttyrpi - ive got a spare pi anyway so its not a big deal, appreciate the response though!

RealLarry
Top Contributor

metalfacemark wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:46 am

i was just wondering if i could have combined the MT32 which has a pi already with ttyrpi - ive got a spare pi anyway so its not a big deal, appreciate the response though!

tty2rpi on the mt32-pi isn't possible (in the actual form). The latter is using a "Bare Metal OS" which has only its tools and libs implemented and hasn't any possibility to add any (way more complex) other stuff.

mt32/GM on a tty2rpi setup (complete OS) would be possible and not that hard to realize, but this isn't a feature I'm going to implement (but everyone is free to implement it themselves). But keep in mind that mt32/GM emulation is a very time critical thing.

metalfacemark

Thank you, ive found my spare pi - so ill have a crack over the weekend at setting it up.

RealLarry
Top Contributor

metalfacemark wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:56 pm

Thank you, ive found my spare pi - so ill have a crack over the weekend at setting it up.

Great, have fun! And don't hesitate to ask if something doesn't work...
What display (format/dimension) are you going to use?