I-Pac Ultimate I\O

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
Mr. Encyclopedia

I-Pac Ultimate I\O

Unread post by Mr. Encyclopedia »

I've been interested in the I-PAC Ultimate I/O board and I want to get feedback from anyone who has used it for their MiSTer.

Do you have to use it in DirectInput/Xinput mode for MiSTer to identify it properly, and does that involve setting the Vendor/Product IDs in the INI?

Do you use it with a spinner and/or trackball? Do they still work in whatever mode you have to set to get it to work with MiSTer?

How do you use the LED controller? I've seen projects for LED software running on MiSTer but I haven't had the time or need to research how fully featured they are. Buttons that could change color depending on the core you're using would be an awesome feature, but I don't know if this is something anyone has worked toward.
INT806

Re: I-Pac Ultimate I\O

Unread post by INT806 »

Great question. I want to build a Video Arcade with a MISTer and an Ultimarc interface board. But like you I am not entirely sure if this will work, especially regarding a spinner and trackball.

In this context I asked Andy Warne from Ultimarc which interface board he would recommend for this purpose. And what about illuminated buttons?
His reply was: "The FPGA should be OK with the I-PAC or Mini-PAC boards. There wont be any way of controlling LEDs."

That was in April 2022. Things might have changed since. Would be great if someone could help with this. Regarding the illuminted buttons, surely there must be some sort of LEDBlinky-like software out there for MISTer...? But how about the rest of things: spinner, trackball, joysticks etc.?
Morfious

Re: I-Pac Ultimate I\O

Unread post by Morfious »

I don't have experience with the Ultimate I/O board, but I can confirm that my Ultimarc Spintrack spinner works just fine with an iPac board. As well as the joystick and buttons. I did have to make some changes in the Mister ini file (No merge vid/pid) but once sorted it worked just fine. My spinner does not work with breakout, but works 100% with Arkanoid.