Outrun

insanityprawnboy

Re: Outrun

Unread post by insanityprawnboy »

jca wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:39 pm

Outrun is in beta. You must have enabled the download of Jotego Betas in update all script and you are not one of his patrons.
What you see is normal.

If you're a Patron, can you get a version of it that works better?

jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

Something going on in this forum:
After my previous post @insanityprawnboy made another post. I did not reply at the time because I wanted to check something.
Now that I checked I see that the post is gone and as one cannot delete a post I suppose the censor intervened. Censorship is not a good idea.
After I made the check mentioned above I have an idea why it was censored but IMHO it was not a valid reason.
Not wanting to be censored myself I will refrain to post more on this thread.

LamerDeluxe
Top Contributor

Unread post by LamerDeluxe »

insanityprawnboy wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:08 pm

Outrun is in beta. You must have enabled the download of Jotego Betas in update all script and you are not one of his patrons.
What you see is normal.

The idea with Jotego's cores is that if you're a patron, you get access to the beta version of his cores that are still in development. After they are out of the beta phase, he will release them for everyone.

insanityprawnboy

LamerDeluxe wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:43 pm

What you see is normal.

The idea with Jotego's cores is that if you're a patron, you get access to the beta version of his cores that are still in development. After they are out of the beta phase, he will release them for everyone.

Ah, okay. That's interesting. I'm curious, how often do we get new cores? I'm pretty new to the MiSTer, only having it a couple of weeks.

LamerDeluxe
Top Contributor

insanityprawnboy wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:50 pm

Ah, okay. That's interesting. I'm curious, how often do we get new cores? I'm pretty new to the MiSTer, only having it a couple of weeks.

Generally there are multiple new developments each month. MiSTer has an incredibly active developer community as well as very active and helpful users.

insanityprawnboy

LamerDeluxe wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:56 pm

Generally there are multiple new developments each month. MiSTer has an incredibly active developer community as well as very active and helpful users.

Forgive me for picking your brains here..
Do you just have to update all in order to receive them when they become available?

thorr
Top Contributor

Unread post by thorr »

Correct

LamerDeluxe
Top Contributor

insanityprawnboy wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:32 am
LamerDeluxe wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:56 pm

Forgive me for picking your brains here..
Do you just have to update all in order to receive them when they become available?

You don't have to, it is possible to install things manually. But update all makes it much easier and also often gathers the needed extra files for you. I use it regularly.

PistolsAtDawn

Unread post by PistolsAtDawn »

Today's update added the much-needed frame buffer (it was using a very fast line buffer prior to now)! The graphics look much better, with far fewer glitches (perhaps none?). It's also been publicly released out of beta status, so hopefully now everyone will get a chance to play one of the best arcade racing games in existence on their MiSTer!

It's nice to see this game running much more stably than it did in the past, and hopefully that means everyone's MiSTer will play it now. I know some people just couldn't get the original beta to play at all.

Jotego said there are some more small bug fixes on the way (he mentioned the passing car sound being off). I also heard some other slight audio anomalies here and there, so hopefully that's related.

If using a gamepad, hold down the shift button to stay in low gear and release it to stay in high gear.

Thank you, Jotego! Your work is always appreciated! This was a nice way to end the week!

AmanoJacu

Unread post by AmanoJacu »

I just fired this core again, and I can't access the specific core options in the menu, only the system ones. The same happens with Turbo Outrun. Super Hangon, in the other hand, the core options appear.

I'm not sure if when playing outrun with my xbox one controller, the analog stick and triggers work as such, or only digital.

Anybody with the same problem or any suggestion? Thanks!

Hodor

Unread post by Hodor »

AmanoJacu wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:00 am

I just fired this core again, and I can't access the specific core options in the menu, only the system ones. The same happens with Turbo Outrun. Super Hangon, in the other hand, the core options appear.

I'm not sure if when playing outrun with my xbox one controller, the analog stick and triggers work as such, or only digital.

Anybody with the same problem or any suggestion? Thanks!

I think this is a known issue.