CHD Games Not Booting After Being Selected

TLoMatt

CHD Games Not Booting After Being Selected

Unread post by TLoMatt »

Hi forum my problem is that every time I boot a chd game and then I want to boot another whenever I open another game when a chd game is already running the game freezes and it won't boot the new game selected until I go to the "reset" option after

I don't know if I missed some option but I've noticed that if I'm running a game and then I want to change to another and if my game is in folder structure bin\cue it restarts and boot normally even if other game is already running but if I do the same with a chd it doesn't

Does anyone know how to make the psx core boot chd instantly without the need to choose reset ? (as like games in folder bin\cue structure ?)

My goal is to have all my games in chd file format so I can take advantage of the compression and in that way save some space but at the same time make the chd files to behave like folder bin\cue structures when booting

thanks in advance !
FPGAzumSpass
Core Developer

Re: CHD Games Not Booting After Being Selected

Unread post by FPGAzumSpass »

The core automatically resets and boots the new game if the folder where the image is in changes.

So put all CDs of one game(bin/cue or chd) in the same folder and from different games into different folders.

This is very basic for the core, as also automatic memcard mounting is based on the folder. If you put all chd in the same folder, they all share the same memcard unless you select them by hand.
TLoMatt

Unread post by TLoMatt »

Thanks Robert ! :D
jordi

Unread post by jordi »

a simple shell script to do it fast in bash:

Code: Select all

for x in ./*.chd; do
  mkdir "${x%.*}" && mv "$x" "${x%.*}"
  echo "${x%.*}"