PSX Core Doesn't Boot

Antares

PSX Core Doesn't Boot

Unread post by Antares »

So I just installed the PSX core for the first time using the update script, loaded a few roms via FTP, and found that the core doesn't work for me at all. When I load the core, there is only a black background, I can pull up the menu and scroll thru the ROMs in the directory, but loading them causes nothing to happen. I've tried bin - cue files and CHD files. I re installed the core using the update all script instead. I found someone say that their MiSTer main file was out of date even after using the update all script, which caused this core not to work, so I manually updated it myself.

I'm at a total loss I just want to play Darkstalkers 3 ! :(

Edit: forgot to mention, I'm outputting RGB into a PVM direct from the analog i/o board, haven't had any other problems similar to this with any other core
FPGAzumSpass
Core Developer

Re: PSX Core Doesn't Boot

Unread post by FPGAzumSpass »

Antares

Unread post by Antares »

FPGAzumSpass wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:23 am Make sure you have BIOS files:

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/PSX_MiSTer#bios
Dumb question then: what directory do I put this bios files in? Just the games folder? That doesn't seem right lol
MostroW

Unread post by MostroW »

Here's the github explaining usage

The wiki has answers for most questions that people have about cores or links to external pages that contain the core or the description thereof.
Antares

Unread post by Antares »

Got it working now - I figured that the update script would include the bios file - it does not. Thanks!
Malor
Top Contributor

Unread post by Malor »

Antares wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:50 pm Got it working now - I figured that the update script would include the bios file - it does not. Thanks!
A belated reply: what you want is update_all.sh instead. You have to add that yourself, it's deliberately not included. It gets all the arcade and system ROMs for you, in addition to updating the system.

It's not an official part of the project, because the devs don't want to get sued. It's purely up to us users to do all the copyright infringement.

You can get it here: https://github.com/theypsilon/Update_All_MiSTer
FPGA64
Top Contributor

Unread post by FPGA64 »

Malor wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:44 pm
Antares wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:50 pm Got it working now - I figured that the update script would include the bios file - it does not. Thanks!
A belated reply: what you want is update_all.sh instead. You have to add that yourself, it's deliberately not included. It gets all the arcade and system ROMs for you, in addition to updating the system.

It's not an official part of the project, because the devs don't want to get sued. It's purely up to us users to do all the copyright infringement.

You can get it here: https://github.com/theypsilon/Update_All_MiSTer
The newest version doesnt get the roms or bios by default. You now have to turn that option on. when the script starts push up and choose the Bios database and Rom Database