Minor Bug SNAC Memory Card Does Not Work With Tonyhax Save

naylord

Minor Bug SNAC Memory Card Does Not Work With Tonyhax Save

Unread post by naylord »

Hello,

I found an unbelievably minor bug that's more of a curiosity than anything else. I wanted to use my favourite memory card via snac and when booting into the bios memory card screen the memory card was not found. I was worried my memory card was defective now or worse that for some reason the snac adapter just wiped my card. I was using a different card earlier and it worked fine.
I then remembered that this card had a tonyhax save file for booting burned disks using tony hawk's pro skater 2 (documentation here https://orca.pet/tonyhax/). I actually really wanted to use tonyhax on my Mister just for a fun meta joke where I'd boot into Tony Hawk 2 and then use the save to boot into another game from Tony Hawk 2.

Anyway, after deleting the save file using my original PSX, the Mister core was able to read and write to this memory card fine.

PistolsAtDawn

Re: Minor Bug SNAC Memory Card Does Not Work With Tonyhax Save

Unread post by PistolsAtDawn »

I've always enjoyed console hacks like that. I used to use a Swap Magic disc in my PS2 slim, and I used a copy of Splinter Cell with a hacked save file to software mod my original Xbox. The Wii was hackable the same way with a save for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess you just had to copy to an SD card.

The 3DS was vulnerable to an overflow from using a special audio file (and several other interesting methods like using a DS flashcart with special firmware with magnets placed in specific areas).

My PS3 was hacked using a jailbroken ipod nano running rock box firmware. It sent a series of signals to the USB port which allowed loading of unsigned code.

And there's the classic web browser exploit that affects so many modern consoles. The Wii U and the PS4 were both initially jailbroken using a browser.

I just saw this: Exploiting the PS4's PS2 emulator to escape the emulator and achieve a homebrew environment.