Rastan Sound Effects

circletheory

Rastan Sound Effects

Unread post by circletheory »

Just did an update all and got the new updated version of the Rastan mra's. I was curious to hear if the sound effects would be different from the previous versions, but they are not. I noticed that the 'grunt' sounds of Rastan in Mister is a lot lower (possibly slower playback?) than the MAME version. Now I used to play Rastan a ton as a kid (about 35 years ago), but I cannot recall which sound is the accurate one. Regardless, I love this game so the sound doesn't effect gameplay whatsoever and I'm thrilled that I can even play this on my Mister. I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed a difference?

gomadosnitro

Re: Rastan Sound Effects

Unread post by gomadosnitro »

Yes, some sound effects are slower than pcb for example using sword without kicking anyone or voice samples when character dies or is damaged, i told jotegos when core was released in beta, but dont want to push him, he has a lot of open cores cooking.

Toya

Unread post by Toya »

If you think there are some issues, then you can file a bug here so that it can be tracked:
https://github.com/jotego/jtrastan/issues

circletheory

Unread post by circletheory »

Toya wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:39 am

If you think there are some issues, then you can file a bug here so that it can be tracked:
https://github.com/jotego/jtrastan/issues

Wasn't confident enough to know which sound was accurate, the MAME one or the Mister one. I've been trying to find a video capture of an original Rastan machine to help determine. But thanks for the link!