Voltage Fix Modification Required For a First Generation SDRAM 128MB Module?

Just got a MiSTer and need some help? Join the forum and post your questions here!
Old-School_G

Voltage Fix Modification Required For a First Generation SDRAM 128MB Module?

Unread post by Old-School_G »

Hello all, I have been happily utilizing the MiSTer project for my gaming enjoyment since 2018. As I recall, back whem Jotego's CPS2 core was being finalized he created a video log about the SDRAM 128 MB first revision having some mV out of spec occurring that caused him graphical glitches and timing problems, I think. Anyways, at the time I did not add a resistor to remedy the SDRAM board as recommended in the Jotego video, although I heard it put the millivoltage in the SDRAM back into specification parameters.

When using my first revision SDRAM module, I sometimes observe stuttering graphical glitches in the operation of the FPGA board, when older arcade cores are started. If I applied Jotego's resistor fix to my SDRAM module, would this remedy any potential problems that might occur with regards to out of spec mV in the SDRAM module?

Currently I am unsure if the modification is necessary, or if my SDRAM board is causing problems for the MiSTer equipment configuration I have.

I would be ever so grateful for information as to the resolution of the issue, as all I saw was Jotego's post, and I didn't search out any other information.

Thanks for your attention with regards to this post in advance, I also apologize if this post is redundant.