Neo Geo CD Core

jca
Top Contributor

Re: Neo Geo CD Core

Unread post by jca »

The Wiki has not been updated in ages and does not even mention CD. This makes it difficult to figure out what is what.
@AmanoJacu I have the folder in games/NeoGeo-CD and when I go into the menu to load a CD it goes directly into that folder. You have the folder in games/NEOGEO/NeoGeo-CD; when you load a CD does it go directly in that folder or do you have to select the NeoGeo-CD folder?

AmanoJacu

Unread post by AmanoJacu »

jca wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:29 pm

The Wiki has not been updated in ages and does not even mention CD. This makes it difficult to figure out what is what.
@AmanoJacu I have the folder in games/NeoGeo-CD and when I go into the menu to load a CD it goes directly into that folder. You have the folder in games/NEOGEO/NeoGeo-CD; when you load a CD does it go directly in that folder or do you have to select the NeoGeo-CD folder?

No, it doesn't, I have to enter the _NeoGeoCD folder each time, which I named like that so it appears among tthe first (still the roms that start with a number come first).

jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

Just move the sub-folder to games.

Ashfall

Unread post by Ashfall »

A few CHDs also have an "export" version. What's the difference from the "japan" and "world" versions?

Ashfall

Unread post by Ashfall »

Sound isn't working correctly in Double Dragon. Background music plays during fights, but sound effects do not. Just a click sound instead of each sound effect.

mario64

Unread post by mario64 »

Ashfall wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:10 am

Sound isn't working correctly in Double Dragon. Background music plays during fights, but sound effects do not. Just a click sound instead of each sound effect.

You need to use the latest unstable. It has fixes for that.

rhester72
Top Contributor

Unread post by rhester72 »

Ashfall wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:39 pm

A few CHDs also have an "export" version. What's the difference from the "japan" and "world" versions?

Europe/PAL.

Bumtree

Unread post by Bumtree »

I'd been playing Pulstar CD recently but it seems the latest core update broke it somehow (an error message now appears instead of a loading screen after BIOS screen). Switching the BIOS out doesn't make a difference.

taz07rx

Unread post by taz07rx »

Bumtree wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:22 pm

I'd been playing Pulstar CD recently but it seems the latest core update broke it somehow (an error message now appears instead of a loading screen after BIOS screen). Switching the BIOS out doesn't make a difference.

that happen if cd is set to x4 on my side but everything sounds good using x2

Bumtree

Unread post by Bumtree »

taz07rx wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:44 pm
Bumtree wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:22 pm

that happen if cd is set to x4 on my side but everything sounds good using x2

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it later.

I'm not complaining by the way, I treat most cores as WIP. It's just that it's the first time I've noticed a regression.

vanfanel

Unread post by vanfanel »

I have noticed that, since latest stable version, the games start without sound sometimes.
Has anybody else noticed this?

RalphJB

Unread post by RalphJB »

Hi all

Whenever I load a CD game, I get taken to the CD player/Gem screen, but the game won't start. I press start many times, but the game won't start. Any help?

RalphJB

Unread post by RalphJB »

RalphJB wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:26 pm

Hi all

Whenever I load a CD game, I get taken to the CD player/Gem screen, but the game won't start. I press start many times, but the game won't start. Any help?

Never mind. I figured it out. I was using incorrect files.

seastalker

Unread post by seastalker »

I'm looking forward to trying out the 8bitDo NeoGeo CD inspired controller for this core. Does anyone know of any alternative to buying it from Amazon? Ebay would be 2nd hand options or 'new' if drop-shipping from Amazon, so I'm avoiding that. Will other reliable vendors (Stone Age Gamer, Castlevania Games, etc) eventually be getting them in stock?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just saw the dedicated thread on this controller and discovered the official 8BitDo Aliexpress shop.

PhDTenma

Unread post by PhDTenma »

I'm having a problem with this core... I have the games/NeoGeo-CD folder with my CD's and the games/NEOGEO folder with the roms, but when I open the games/NeoGeo-CD folder I don't see any game (they are there in CHD format).

When this was an independent core, those CHD worked fine. Am I missing something?

Edit (with extra information): Seems the core tries to load the game folder in the SD and is ignoring the file in the external HDD... I have removed the NeoGeo-CD folder in the SD card and then, it shows "Missing directory: NeoGeo-CD". But with other cores (PSX or MegaCD) works fine having your game folder outside.

Let me say more: my NEOGEO roms are in that same HDD and those are find!

Thanks!

PhDTenma

Unread post by PhDTenma »

Very weird but I end up solving it by removing and creating again the folder. It might had something to do with bad character encoding...

Livio

Unread post by Livio »

I'm trying to use the 3x and 4x load times with this core but when the loads comes to 70% or 80% it got very slow almost stop loading, so I change back to 1x and it loads normally.
Is that normal?

EDIT: Double Dragon have no sound for me. Maybe it's my image?

mickymonaco

Unread post by mickymonaco »

RalphJB wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:15 pm

Hi all

Hi, I am having the same problem, how do you solved it? I tried each solution proposal, but without fixed it

RalphJB

Unread post by RalphJB »

mickymonaco wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:09 pm

Hi all

Hi, I am having the same problem, how do you solved it? I tried each solution proposal, but without fixed it

I got my CD files from a different source. Can't post any links here, but you can try CD Romance.

BigDanG

Unread post by BigDanG »

mickymonaco wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:09 pm

Hi all

For me, I found that when I moved some BIN/CUE images around via samba, it complained about the filenames. I figured the MiSTer's OS didn't like the length of the file paths. So I switched up to using CHD images, and all my problems went away (at least for my limited test cases of KOF '98 and RB2).

MrsBison

Unread post by MrsBison »

For me Cue Bins work perfect on Neo Geo CD. I used my old collection and every game is working.
The only CHD im using on Neo Geo CD is Samurai Spirits RPG and Xeno Crisis.

Kind regards

im afraid your path ends here ... Jago

helenaret

Unread post by helenaret »

In response to your question, it seems there might be a discrepancy in folder structure between your setup and that of @AmanoJacu. You mentioned having the folder in games/NeoGeo-CD, while @AmanoJacu seems to have it in games/NEOGEO/NeoGeo-CD. The inquiry pertains to whether, when loading a CD, it directly goes into the specified folder or if there's an additional selection step needed.