MiSTer Weirdness with ARC Audio

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
aapuzzo

MiSTer Weirdness with ARC Audio

Unread post by aapuzzo »

I just upgraded my TV to an 85" Samsung q85n and I am getting weirdness when the Mister is attached directly to one of my HDMI ports or even indirectly through my pioneer receiver HDMI port. I spent hours trying to get my ARC working again and narrowed it down to the mister being attached. I removed all HDMI connections from everything but the receiver and it works fine. Once the mister is attached via HDMI powered off I can't work volume anymore. If i reset the receiver or TV the arc audio is dead. It's definitely the mister and doesn't matter what HDMI port it is attached to. Things start working again once I unplug the mister hdmi and power cycle the receiver. Am I crazy? It's not like I am plugging the mister into the ARC audio port. I get all ports support device control by why would this mess with audio.

PistolsAtDawn

Re: MiSTer Weirdness with ARC Audio

Unread post by PistolsAtDawn »

The MiSTer can be picky about HDMI cables, even per display in my experience. Have you tried other cables?

jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

I suppose it is the well known problem of CEC broken on the DE10-nano. I am no expert but this kind of problem has been discussed many times on the forum.

aapuzzo

Unread post by aapuzzo »

jca wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:46 pm

I suppose it is the well known problem of CEC broken on the DE10-nano. I am no expert but this kind of problem has been discussed many times on the forum.

I just found the issue. I'll try removing shoving pin 13 in on an HDMI cable and if I fail will buy the adapter. That is a weird problem that has been making me tear my new TV apart for days.

Armakuni

Unread post by Armakuni »

The HDMI on the DE-10 has issues the CEC is broken and the HDMI is not isolated so the board can slightly power from just HDMI power.

Though it was never designed to integrated into a front room AV setup

mcf81

Unread post by mcf81 »

fwiw, I have my MiSTer connected in my living room using ARC and everything is working as expected. Setup is MiSTer connected to a Sony X900H with ARC from the Sony to a Yamaha RX-602S receiver. This worked without the CEC filter, although without the filter CEC would break completely as expected due to the known issue with the CEC pin on DE-10 Nano.

IRONBERG

Unread post by IRONBERG »

Take small pliers, rip out pin 13. I've done this to a LOT of cables for Mister use 8-)

Nemesis2k

Unread post by Nemesis2k »

Use this, problem solved. I had to use it to fix my Sonos Arc issues.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LINDY-HDMI-Les ... YXRm&psc=1