What Happened?

Discussion about the MiSTer forum, suggestions and queries related to the forum.
jca
Top Contributor

What Happened?

Unread post by jca »

Some 15 min ago this is what I got when trying to connect to the forum via Firefox:
Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to misterfpga.org. PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR

Error code: PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR

Code: Select all

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Trying to connect via Chrome gave only a blank page after trying for a long time. No error.

Xbytez
Site Admin

Re: What Happened?

Unread post by Xbytez »

Clear your browser cache, this should resolve any issue.

jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

As I was able to make the previous post without doing anything special the problem has to be something else. I am just curious at what happened.
I just noticed that this thread/sub forum does not offer Quick Reply, only Post a Reply. I checked other threads and Quick Reply is there.

Xbytez
Site Admin

Unread post by Xbytez »

It could be one of many possible different internet connectivity issues either local or remote.

Quick reply is not available in this specific forum.

throAU

Unread post by throAU »

jca wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:34 am

As I was able to make the previous post without doing anything special the problem has to be something else. I am just curious at what happened.
I just noticed that this thread/sub forum does not offer Quick Reply, only Post a Reply. I checked other threads and Quick Reply is there.

As above could be many things, but sounds like some certificate verification issue. Could be software running on your network or computer if you have malware inspection (possibly it did an update), could be the certificate on the server was updated or the web server service re-started.

It's working now.... this is a volunteer project forum, not an enterprise with guaranteed 5x 9s SLA.

jordi

Unread post by jordi »

jca wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:07 pm

Some 15 min ago this is what I got when trying to connect to the forum via Firefox:
Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to misterfpga.org. PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR

Error code: PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR

Code: Select all

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Trying to connect via Chrome gave only a blank page after trying for a long time. No error.

it could be lots of things

connection errors, bad date on your computer, even that you are connecting to some WiFi that redirects all pages to an authentication page