AmigaVision (MegaAGS) 2023.07.17 Released with Improved Launcher Reliability

roc

Re: AmigaVision (MegaAGS) 2023.07.17 Released with Improved Launcher Reliability

Unread post by roc »

Hi Limi,

First of all, thanks to you and the team for the great Amiga.Vision.

One small remark: I have read on the GitHub that currently there is no tool to format in PFS3. Actually, there is one nice Windows/Mac/Linux tool that is able to both format in PFS3 and copy the files. You may want to give it a try: https://github.com/henrikstengaard/hst-imager

Optiroc

Re: AmigaVision (MegaAGS) 2023.07.17 Released with Improved Launcher Reliability

Unread post by Optiroc »

roc wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:19 pm

Hi Limi,

First of all, thanks to you and the team for the great Amiga.Vision.

One small remark: I have read on the GitHub that currently there is no tool to format in PFS3. Actually, there is one nice Windows/Mac/Linux tool that is able to both format in PFS3 and copy the files. You may want to give it a try: https://github.com/henrikstengaard/hst-imager

Ah, several promising additions have been added since I last checked out this project. Thanks!

Insert Disk Two

Unread post by Insert Disk Two »

Hi Limi,

I have a small suggestion - just wondering if possible. I have two MiSTers, one setup for desktop computer use and the one under the TV in the living room. Is it possible to have a section on the game launcher menu that shows only games that are playable with no keyboard or mouse input?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

CartoonDonkey

Unread post by CartoonDonkey »

Someone should make a version that's easily installable on a real Amiga. I've done so with my 1200, but it was difficult, and I didn't document it well.

shertz

Unread post by shertz »

Please add footman and franko the crazy revenge

limi
Top Contributor

Unread post by limi »

CartoonDonkey wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:12 pm

Someone should make a version that's easily installable on a real Amiga. I've done so with my 1200, but it was difficult, and I didn't document it well.

We have documented it here:

https://amiga.vision/docs#setup-for-amiga-hardware

CartoonDonkey

Unread post by CartoonDonkey »

I knew this, but it would be nicer to have it installable within / alongside an existing AmigaOS installation, rather than just writing it to a drive and booting from it directly.

limi
Top Contributor

Unread post by limi »

That would be massively more complex to maintain, and also it would be a nightmare for bug reporting, since everyone would be running their own custom setup. Part of the reason AmigaVision exists is to make a “known good” setup that uses the same settings and configuration for everything.

pomegran

Unread post by pomegran »

Just installed this on my a Mister. Absolutely brilliant work! Didn't realise this was even a thing, and now I'm going through loads of old games without any switching of profiles etc. Thank you!

I used to play Nebulus a lot in my younger days, but it currently runs in NTSC. I can force 50Hz PAL from the menu, but is there a way I can change it permanently and make use of the cropping feature currently used in the NTSC setup?

pomegran

pomegran wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:20 am

Just installed this on my a Mister. Absolutely brilliant work! Didn't realise this was even a thing, and now I'm going through loads of old games without any switching of profiles etc. Thank you!

I used to play Nebulus a lot in my younger days, but it currently runs in NTSC. I can force 50Hz PAL from the menu, but is there a way I can change it permanently and make use of the cropping feature currently used in the NTSC setup?

Ah, I've noticed this same very question on here:

viewtopic.php?t=2227&start=30

Should I raise this as a ticket as I think Nebulus should be running in PAL? For now, I'll put up with the borders 🤣

xadox

Unread post by xadox »

Is there any hope that the new release will be made available on the usual sources again?

lagerfeldt

Unread post by lagerfeldt »

I've got a commercial fibre line and enterprise gear, so bandwidth and traffic isn't an issue. I'm trying to figure out a way of doing this automatically, i.e. the script part and uploading, so it could always be easily updated.

Patron of MiSTer + theypsilon + Jotego Team + Coin-Op Collection + Pierco + Nullobject

MiSTer RePlay website

Ultimate SID Collection website

lagerfeldt

AmigaVision (MegaAGS) 2023.07.17 Download Link

AmigaVision-MegaAGS 2023.07.17 preservation archive download

Direct link removed by request.

PM or email me instead for now.

Patron of MiSTer + theypsilon + Jotego Team + Coin-Op Collection + Pierco + Nullobject

MiSTer RePlay website

xadox

Unread post by xadox »

How do I exit a game with a gamepad if not using the option LT+RT+PAUSE?

CeeDeeVee

Unread post by CeeDeeVee »

xadox wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:53 pm

How do I exit a game with a gamepad if not using the option LT+RT+PAUSE?

You could use the button remapping feature in the core menu. Remap on of the buttons you are not using for Amiga to the 'Delete' key (or which ever key you have set for exiting games.

Yorkshire fella, living in California, where no one understands a word I say unless it's a quote from Game of Thrones.
I do music, code and burn myself with soldering irons. Part dog, part wolf, all coffee addict.
lagerfeldt

limi wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:24 pm
heinzgruber wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:36 am

how do i add games to favorites in AmigaVision?

Hit the TAB key on your keyboard or the tertiary button on your controller/joystick, as explained in the Favorites section.

Limi, where are favorites saved exactly? I'm thinking in terms of backing up before updating AmigaVision.

media/fat/games/Amiga/MegaAGS-Saves.hdf I backup, but where are Favorites saved, so you don't overwrite them when updating?

MiSTer RePlay website

limi
Top Contributor

Unread post by limi »

They are on the Saves: drive, I don’t remember the exact path off the top of my head, but they should survive upgrades like the rest of the save files as long as you keep that HDF.

lagerfeldt

Okay, so saving media/fat/games/Amiga/MegaAGS-Saves.hdf will be enough. I thought as much as it worked the times I've updated.

MiSTer RePlay website

limi
Top Contributor

Unread post by limi »

Indeed, that’s the idea. As long as you keep your own Saves.hdf, upgrades should always work, and you should never lose saves or favorites. It also supports things like Saves:custom-startup, so you can add any app or game you want (with whatever scripts or commands or custom setup and configuration files you need), and still be able to upgrade.

Dr Johnny Bananas

Unread post by Dr Johnny Bananas »

Hi guys, I'm trying to get Amigavision set up but it doesn't appear to be on archive.org any more. When I search, I just get a few magazine articles.

lagerfeldt

Dr Johnny Bananas wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:49 am

Hi guys, I'm trying to get Amigavision set up but it doesn't appear to be on archive.org any more. When I search, I just get a few magazine articles.

https://misterreplay.com/vault.html

MiSTer RePlay website

pomegran

Hi,

I need some help! I'm sure this was all running fine a couple of weeks ago, but I can no longer control the menu with my joypad - just giving some weird movements on there menu. Is there some kind of setting etc. to enable this?

Thanks!

limi
Top Contributor

Unread post by limi »

Do the controller mapping from the main MiSTer menu again? There’s nothing about AmigaVision that would affect this.

pomegran

Yeah, tried that a few times. I did see somebody mention it on GitHub where they reinstalled the folders and it fixed it. I'll give that a go next.

Thanks!

pomegran

Still trying to solve the controller issue and I've found something really weird!

I plugged in my wired Xbox 360 controller and everything worked fine in MegaAGS. Then I reverted to my original controller (8bitdo Ultimate Bluetooth controller) and the problem returned i.e. down and down but up triggered fire, buttons didn't work ...

However, all other cores work fine - even the original Amiga setup works correctly.

I redefined the buttons in the core as well as Mister but still the same problem.

Has anybody seen this before?

rhester72
Top Contributor

Unread post by rhester72 »

I strongly suspect you have two controllers both reporting as Xbox controllers but with different actual button layouts.

The only solution there is to switch at least one of them to D-input if possible.

pomegran

rhester72 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:40 pm

I strongly suspect you have two controllers both reporting as Xbox controllers but with different actual button layouts.

The only solution there is to switch at least one of them to D-input if possible.

I only have one connected, and I've tried switching the 8bitdo to both x and d input. No luck I'm afraid.

neogeo81

Unread post by neogeo81 »

limi wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:36 pm

Do the controller mapping from the main MiSTer menu again? There’s nothing about AmigaVision that would affect this.

Does this Analogue Pocket update solve the problem to not having the full AmigaVision on it?

"Added Target command support for files larger than 4GB: [0181 Data slot read (48bit)] and [0185 Data slot write (48bit)]"

neogeo81

Unread post by neogeo81 »

neogeo81 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:25 am
limi wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:36 pm

Does this Analogue Pocket update solve the problem to not having the full AmigaVision on it?

"Added Target command support for files larger than 4GB: [0181 Data slot read (48bit)] and [0185 Data slot write (48bit)]"

can we just use the bigger MiSTer .hdf file for the Pocket also or does it need to be made new?

limi
Top Contributor

Unread post by limi »

neogeo81 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:19 am

can we just use the bigger MiSTer .hdf file for the Pocket also or does it need to be made new?

viewtopic.php?t=7579