Complete MiSTer Beginner

Just got a MiSTer and need some help? Join the forum and post your questions here!
markboston38

Complete MiSTer Beginner

Unread post by markboston38 »

So im looking into buying a mister but i have no idea where to go or even what to buy? is there a guide or something that tells me where the different parts are available and what i would need to get to start out? im looking for something preassembled.

AngelicLiver

Re: Complete MiSTer Beginner

Unread post by AngelicLiver »

I would start by watching this video as it is up-to-date and talks through a basic setup from start to finish. Then I would read through the wiki and check out as many YouTube videos about the subject as you can, it's a deep (and potentially expensive) rabbit hole. MiSTer is by no-means the only way to play retro games too and if you're not familiar with the software alternatives I would check those out.

You can buy pre-assembled setups on various web stores but what you need will be dictated by your use-case, location geographically (although some ship worldwide at reasonable prices) and personal preference. Are you intending to use a CRT? Do you want to use original controllers? Did you want a console-like setup?