Saving is not working for me on the Genesis core

simonwoods

Saving is not working for me on the Genesis core

Unread post by simonwoods »

I've been wanting to play through Wonderboy In Monsterland and Phantasy Star II but saving isn't working. I have autosave on. The games tell me they're saving but when I reset the core or even try to start again right away, there's no save file to continue from.

Hectic

Re: Saving is not working for me on the Genesis core

Unread post by Hectic »

I think the issue is Mister writes data to microsd when you open the mister menu. if you hard or soft reset mister w/o opening the menu, data wont be saved.

twonunpackmule

Unread post by twonunpackmule »

Hectic wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:29 pm

I think the issue is Mister writes data to microsd when you open the mister menu. if you hard or soft reset mister w/o opening the menu, data wont be saved.

^ This. I tend to forget about this when I go back and forth between real hardware and the MiSTer. You gotta remember to open the OSD menu to actually save to the SD.

12characters

Unread post by 12characters »

simonwoods wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:53 pm

I've been wanting to play through Wonderboy In Monsterland and Phantasy Star II but saving isn't working. I have autosave on. The games tell me they're saving but when I reset the core or even try to start again right away, there's no save file to continue from.

Do you mean Wonder Boy in Monster World? Note that it uses EEPROM saving which is currently not supported by the core. There is however a patch available.

simonwoods

Unread post by simonwoods »

Thank You for the replies.
Yes, I meant that game. I'll use the patch.