2023-08-11 JTFriday: The Simpsons beta for Patreons

AmanoJacu

2023-08-11 JTFriday: The Simpsons beta for Patreons

Unread post by AmanoJacu »

Just got it, so far it looks and plays perfect as far as I can tell.

From the Patreon post:

Simpsons' PCB resembles Vendetta’s and it also has pretty much the same video subsystem as Konami’s X-Men. You can expect to see support for these arcade boards soon.

NeoGeo Pocket development continues and we found and fixed two more bugs but there still seems to be more hiding as the system is not stable yet. Work on CPS3 or System 18 will not start until NGP is completed.

Finally, the Black Tiger core for the Analogue Pocket is promoted to public and it can be found in JTBIN as usual.

Moopy

Re: 2023-08-11 JTFriday: The Simpsons beta for Patreons

Unread post by Moopy »

Just downloaded it and had a play through. Plays perfectly all the way through.
I know this is a first Beta release but my initial comment on it is the sound it not quite there yet. Some of the instuments do not quite sound as they should and are not as pronounced as they were on the arcade unit but I seriously cannot complain at all.. it's so great this is finally on MiSTer!
Great with from the JT Team!

lagerfeldt

Re: 2023-08-11 JTFriday: The Simpsons beta for Patreons

Unread post by lagerfeldt »

Integer scaling, here on a 16:10 display, left is original, right is with corrected pixel aspect ratio

Setting a manual PAR of 10:7 will fix the narrow look on a modern screen. Paste into the end of the MiSTer.ini file:

; The Simpsons aspect fix
[jtsimson]
custom_aspect_ratio_1=10:7

Then select the correct ratio in the core under Video > Aspect and save settings.

Sound is a bit off, yes. Other than that it’s awesome.

Patron of MiSTer + theypsilon + Jotego Team + Coin-Op Collection + Pierco + Nullobject

MiSTer RePlay website

Ultimate SID Collection website