crt horizontal and vertical games

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
ruicunha

crt horizontal and vertical games

Unread post by ruicunha »

since theres no solution to play games on a crt, that play vertical, i have 2 tv´s, one in a vertical position.

which is the best method to change the tv´s signal from mister without having to reconnect mister every time? a switcher?

I connect to tv with scart.

Allejo

Re: crt horizontal and vertical games

Unread post by Allejo »

A scart switcher with 2 outputs would be ideal for your case. Aliexpress sell a lot of different models, just search for "switcher SCART 2 out", don't know if they're good though.

Bristles

Re: crt horizontal and vertical games

Unread post by Bristles »

Connect the 2nd CRT to HDMI via VGA using an adapter, then use VGA to SCART. Make sure you are using DirectVideo=1, in the ini.
This way, you can keep both CRTs connected at all times, and have the second CRT rotated on it's side.
This is how I have mine set up. I have my main CRT, a 19" JVC TM-H1950CG connected via SCART - VGA-out to SCART cable made for Mister. And a Sony PVM 14M4E, rotated on it's side, and connected via HDMI from Mister, using a BENFEI HDMI to VGA Adapter, then a VGA to BNC cable to my Sony PVM.
This works great, but does take up a fair amount of desk room, especially the JVC Monitor.