Recently Updated Four MiSTer's Using update_all Now None Show Video

Kernel, Main, Utilities & Applications, Miscellaneous Devices.
klasikrkade

Recently Updated Four MiSTer's Using update_all Now None Show Video

Unread post by klasikrkade »

Updated today 08/27//23. All worked fine prior to update_all being run as I have done numerous times. Now none will display any video. I can still ftp to them but update somehow hosed the video. Has anyone else experienced this on latest update_all run?

It happened on 4 misters so obviously coming from repo

Any idea if there is a known issue with latest update_all code?

Thanks

mike911

Re: Recently Updated Four MiSTer's Using update_all Now None Show Video

Unread post by mike911 »

Have you tried with a new ini file? I did an update as recently as last week no issues. When was the last time you updated correctly?

neogeo81

Unread post by neogeo81 »

Obviously not from repo if you're the only one having this issue. Tried the fresh ini file as mentioned above?

green_onion

Unread post by green_onion »

klasikrkade wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:55 pm

Updated today 08/27//23. All worked fine prior to update_all being run as I have done numerous times. Now none will display any video. I can still ftp to them but update somehow hosed the video. Has anyone else experienced this on latest update_all run?

It happened on 4 misters so obviously coming from repo

Any idea if there is a known issue with latest update_all code?

Thanks

I had the exact same issue after updating a mister on 08/27/2023. After the update the menu popped back up, but when I went to load a core the mister immediately reset itself. After that I wasn't getting any video out through either VGA or HDMI, though I could still FTP into it. I didn't get around to fully troubleshooting it so I simply put a pin in it until this upcoming weekend when I might start by replacing the .ini and then working from there.

[EDIT] Now that I had some time to sit down with it, I replaced the ini, menu.rbf and main mister file from a backup and everything seems okay again. I'll be on the lookout in case it happens again, in which case I might start fresh.