Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense

Vash

Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense

Unread post by Vash »

“Quest mode” the story mode will not load does anyone else have this issue?? Arcade loads just fine and it seems like everything else works just not quest mode it freezes before the intro cutscene. I’ve tried 2 different sources for the rom as well as cue bin and Chd. Booting from sd card.

If someone could just try it on their mister I’d greatly appreciate it. I’m trying to figure out if it’s just mine or not.. someone on Reddit said it worked for them but when I asked if they tried quest mode I never received a response.

kathleen
Top Contributor

Re: Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense

Unread post by kathleen »

Hi @Vash,

I just gave a try and I do confirm that this game in Quest mode works if and only if you put the [System Type] to [PAL] (in the OSD), letting this in Auto or NTSC-U or NTSC-J creates the issue that you faced in.

In addition to this, you'll have to set [Fixed VBlank] to [ON] and [Vertical Crop] to [on(224/270)] to avoid some not needed pixels at the top of the loading screen, this has nothing to do with the fact that the game work or not, but more for a good looking aspect.

さしん_いち.png
さしん_いち.png (721.92 KiB) Viewed 2952 times

かすりん

Vash

Unread post by Vash »

Thank you so much @kathleen.
It’s an ntsc rom but sure enough that did the trick. I had to enable pal 60hz hack as well because I’m playing on a crt but at least I can play through one of my favorite childhood games again.

Hackshed_Carl

Unread post by Hackshed_Carl »

@kathleen

Thank you for taking the time to not only test this but to provide such a detailed response including a solution.

This thread exemplifies the very nature of "community" and I think should even be stickied.