Help MiSTer Build for Arcade Cab

Just got a MiSTer and need some help? Join the forum and post your questions here!
trundymundy

Help MiSTer Build for Arcade Cab

Unread post by trundymundy »

I am considering buying a mister for an arcade cabinet. I'm planning on buying one at an upcoming show and would like to go ahead and get the mister.

The case i'm probably buying is a sega candy cab with a CRT. I also own various LCD monitors as well including real arcade monitors.

I've been trying to decode what kind of hardware exactly i need to buy. I've seen several kits.

A few questions

#1 - If I buy the analog addon board to allow me to output to vga or composite does this mean I only get one SDRAM slot (will this limit the games I can run).

#2 - Do i have to solder anything to the board or does everything just plug in iincluding any expansion modules?

#3 - is there a "ultimate build" list somewhere ii could just copy. sorry this is all a bit confusing.

AngelicLiver

Re: Help MiSTer Build for Arcade Cab

Unread post by AngelicLiver »

1. It sounds like you may be better off looking at one of the JAMMA solutions if you plan on using MiSTer in an arcade cab. No, for now you really don't need dual SDRAM.

2. No, you should not solder anything to the DE10-Nano directly. Read through the wiki thoroughly.

3. Again, you should read through the wiki. Video Game Esoterica has a good general purpose guide.

Here is a look at the MiSTercade (one of a few great JAMMA solutions):

rickdangerous

Re: Help MiSTer Build for Arcade Cab

Unread post by rickdangerous »

You have JAMMIX and it's available at UltimateMiSTer.com. In addition to full compatibility with classic arcade cabs, it also can be built in ITX cases to be used as a classic MiSTer. JAMMIX is available for sale individually or together with the DE10nano. https://ultimatemister.com/product-category/jamma-itx/

MiSTer and FPGA Gaming European Shop
Classic MiSTer, MultiSystem, JAMMIX iTX and Official Addons.
https://ultimatemister.com powered by RetroShop.pt