Audio issues with latest cores

player2

Audio issues with latest cores

Unread post by player2 »

Has anyone noticed any audio issues with the latest Neo Geo cores? It appears like random breaks / brief dropouts in the audio, and it's most obvious to me on Samurai Shodown 2 with the 20230803 and 20231204 cores. I think I hear it as well with Samurai Shodown, but have not spent as much time testing. Also, I think it is also an issue with the 20230703 core but again, I haven't spent much time testing that.

220403 seems fine. The reason I noticed this audio problem was because I had an old MiSTer setup running the 231018 MiSTer release with the 220403 Neo Geo core. I wanted to update everything, but not lose my working setup, so I decided to set up a new card which at the time used the 20230803 Neo Geo Core. I've then been using this new card and swapping back and forth between Neo Geo cores to try and narrow down the source of the problem.

So far the 230223 Neo Geo core seems to be OK as well. I've also done some testing and the 230122 core seems to be OK, but I've not spent much time with it.

Was there some kind of major change between the 230223 and 20230703 releases?

It also seems to me that volume levels are softer from the 20230703 release onwards, but I cannot be sure as it takes me quite a bit of time to shutdown, swap the core, and restart.

Would be useful if anyone could feedback their experiences. I'm wondering if this is a problem with my setup somewhere since I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem so far.

MrsBison

Re: Audio issues with latest cores

Unread post by MrsBison »

Hello

ive noticed this issue one on Metal Slug 5. Sounded like it oversteered during explosions.
Im not sure cause i did not tested it again with an earlier core...

Kind regards

im afraid your path ends here ... Jago

FPGA64
Top Contributor

Re: Audio issues with latest cores

Unread post by FPGA64 »

No sounds issues at all it sounds fine