Mac keyboard screenshot help

Just got a MiSTer and need some help? Join the forum and post your questions here!
samspot

Mac keyboard screenshot help

Unread post by samspot »

I'm using a mac keyboard and the command+F13 shortcut doesn't seem to be working. I don't have a screenshots folder in /media/fat, and I'm assuming it would be created the first time I create a screenshot. Other function keys do work (F9, F12).

I'd prefer not to use the keyboard for this and a controller instead, but my googling indicates that isn't possible.

If you have any ideas I'd appreciate it!

Longtime4321

Re: Mac keyboard screenshot help

Unread post by Longtime4321 »

Honestly, there should be a mappable screenshot button. I don't like having to switch to a keyboard every time I want to take a screenshot.

antibolo

Unread post by antibolo »

Longtime4321 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:33 pm

Honestly, there should be a mappable screenshot button. I don't like having to switch to a keyboard every time I want to take a screenshot.

Especially considering that many modern controllers have dedicated screenshot buttons for that very purpose.

It should be like the Menu action where you can assign it as either a dedicated button, or a button combo.

Might try my hand at implementing it, if nobody else is already working on that.

lagerfeldt

Unread post by lagerfeldt »

samspot wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:19 pm

I'm using a mac keyboard and the command+F13 shortcut doesn't seem to be working. I don't have a screenshots folder in /media/fat, and I'm assuming it would be created the first time I create a screenshot. Other function keys do work (F9, F12).

I'd prefer not to use the keyboard for this and a controller instead, but my googling indicates that isn't possible.

If you have any ideas I'd appreciate it!

Doesn't work here with a Mac keyboard and Command+F13 or any other combination of modifier keys and F13.

Seems broken. Perhaps it used to work, but no more.

I switched from my Mac keyboard to a standard US Windows keyboard for that reason.

Patron of MiSTer + theypsilon + Jotego Team + Coin-Op Collection + Pierco + Nullobject

MiSTer RePlay website

Ultimate SID Collection website

samspot

Unread post by samspot »

Thanks all and thanks for confirming it isn't only me. I decluttered a while back and only have the one keyboard now. I'd love to be able to map this to a controller someday. I don't typically have a keyboard attached.

kidcraftsman

Unread post by kidcraftsman »

I've encountered an issue with my Mac keyboard where the Command+F13 shortcut for taking screenshots isn't functioning as expected. Interestingly, I've noticed that there's no screenshots folder in /media/fat, and I'm assuming it should be generated the first time a screenshot is created. Notably, other function keys like F9 and F12 are working without any problems.

While I would ideally prefer to use a controller for this task, my research indicates that it might not be a viable option. If anyone has insights or suggestions on resolving the Command+F13 shortcut issue or alternative approaches using a controller, I would greatly appreciate any assistance!

Thank you.

KennyL

Unread post by KennyL »

You could try Remote extension. It has screen shot function. It captures at native resolution so you might need to resize.

https://github.com/wizzomafizzo/mrext/b ... /remote.md

Screenshot_20240201-120629.png
Screenshot_20240201-120629.png (1.2 MiB) Viewed 805 times