Is MiSTer the BEST way to play Playstation 1? - video is Waiting!

seastalker

Is MiSTer the BEST way to play Playstation 1? - video is Waiting!

Unread post by seastalker »

Years ago, I remember watching MLiG cover the best way to play PS1 games and the pros and cons of each option.

If I ever made one Youtube video, it would probably be about the BEST way to play PSX games in modern times. It would compare PS1 hardware to PS2, PS3, and PS Handhelds thru both hardware backward compatibility and official emulation on said consoles... vs. PC/Android emulators like Duckstation, vs FPGA via Robert's Mister core. A comparison of hardware accuracy to the PS1 vs other options is in order, as well as extra features such as ease of use, HDMI output [and if the pros of using a PS3 are now superseded by the Mister's 1080p output WITH hardware accuracy, widescreen options, etc.]

Spoiler: Speculation here- if Robert's core goes to the MARS project, then the PS1 in 4K [WITH the hardware accuracy] probably would shoot down any benefit even Duckstation might have and be the BEST way to play... IF you have the hardware to do it. Advanced features, not needing modchips, turning the console upside down, nor memcards... it will be very hard to beat as an option...

Of all youtubers I watch, I feel like VGE is perhaps the best (but not only one) to make such a video.