Addons needed to run XT core

n0p

Addons needed to run XT core

Unread post by n0p »

Hi.
I'm new to this kind of emulation, but attracted to idea to have a possibility to modify pretty much everything if needed.
I've ordered a DE-10 Nano board already and would love to know which addons i need to run this core.
Looks like SDRAM is certainly needed, but which model?
Will core have the use of USB hub and additional SD slot, or RTC?

AngelicLiver

Re: Addons needed to run XT core

Unread post by AngelicLiver »

Please read through the wiki thoroughly. Here is the repo for the XT core.

• The XT core requires SDRAM (as do most cores), 32MB will be fine but 128MB is a safer bet if you want to play all Neo Geo titles and a few other outliers.

• A USB hub is pretty much a necessity for all cores.

• The RTC addon board is only really needed if you plan to use your MiSTer away from a network, otherwise it will obtain the time via NTP.

• The second SD card slot on the IO board isn't necessary but it depends on your use case whether it would be beneficial to get a digital or analog IO board.

Get acquainted with the hardware and the setup, here is a relatively up-to-date video to guide you through it.

thisisamigaspeaking

Unread post by thisisamigaspeaking »

n0p wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:21 am

These are general MiSTer questions so you can best find the answers elsewhere on this forum.

Please do research the information on hubs, and about the potential for back feeding with powered hubs. It may be best to stick to the kits and such that are out there which already include an appropriate hub and means of powering it.

n0p

Unread post by n0p »

thisisamigaspeaking wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:34 pm
n0p wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:21 am

These are general MiSTer questions so you can best find the answers elsewhere on this forum.

Please do research the information on hubs, and about the potential for back feeding with powered hubs. It may be best to stick to the kits and such that are out there which already include an appropriate hub and means of powering it.

What's the point of your post? My question was answered two weeks ago already.