MiSTer Case Upgrade

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
Garrylip

MiSTer Case Upgrade

Unread post by Garrylip »

Has anyone tried using unconventional materials like recycled cardboard or 3D printed bioplastics to create custom cases for their MiSTer setups? I'm curious about the feasibility and potential benefits of alternative case materials in terms of cost, sustainability, and customization options.

akator

Re: MiSTer Case Upgrade

Unread post by akator »

Garrylip wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:29 pm

Has anyone tried using unconventional materials like recycled cardboard or 3D printed bioplastics to create custom cases for their MiSTer setups? I'm curious about the feasibility and potential benefits of alternative case materials in terms of cost, sustainability, and customization options.

Isn't it possible to determine those things without using it specifically with MiSTer?

There's a pretty wide range of materials out there. You'd have to give some specifics.

Recycled cardboard? Doesn't cardboard act as an insulation material? Wouldn't that trap the heat of any electronic device more than metal or plastic?

Bioplastics? Do you have links?

What kind of customization? Can you be more specific?

AngelicLiver

Re: MiSTer Case Upgrade

Unread post by AngelicLiver »

Garrylip wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:29 pm

Take a look in the "Show Us Your MiSTers" thread.