DB9 to USB wiring

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
Chrisagu28

DB9 to USB wiring

Unread post by Chrisagu28 »

Hey everybody,

Been a lurker on the forums for a minute but I have a question I can’t find an answer to. I searched here and Reddit. I even emailed D3FMOD and antoniovillena with no answer about my question.

I have a 1st batch of the IronClad plus ITX board that has the D9 SNAC port. I am going to order the SNAX adapter as I have a large collection of bliss cables from when I used my bliss box a few years ago but I understand I need a adapter to go from DB9 SNAC to USB but the shipping for that adapter from antoniovillena is 3 times the cost of the adapter. I also would like to dedicate my solo USB 3 port on my front of my itx case to the become a USB SNAC port.

My question is does anybody have a pin out or wiring diagram for the DB9 port SNAC port, DB9 to USB adapter or know what pins I would have to solder the USB port wires to make this work?

Thank you and here’s to hoping I can get some insight on this.

Armakuni

Re: DB9 to USB wiring

Unread post by Armakuni »

Antonio used to sell a DB9 to USB adaptor

Edit

He still does

https://antoniovillena.com/product/db9-to-usb3-adapter/

There is also no way to extend the standard SNAC to a different USB connector. There are only headers for USB 2.0 on the Ironclad board

kconger

Unread post by kconger »

Chrisagu28 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:05 pm

My question is does anybody have a pin out or wiring diagram for the DB9 port SNAC port, DB9 to USB adapter or know what pins I would have to solder the USB port wires to make this work?

Here is a thread with the pin mapping. viewtopic.php?t=5075

Chrisagu28

Unread post by Chrisagu28 »

Thank you kindly! This is exactly what I need.