No Signal on LCD Monitor

Discussion about displays and related hardware including MiSTer filters and video settings.
mbstone

No Signal on LCD Monitor

Unread post by mbstone »

I've had my RetroCastle MiSTer for a couple of weeks now and I've yet to get it to display on my Dell LCD monitor. It does HDMI no problem on my other PC monitor that has HDMI, as well as my TV via HDMI with default ini settings. I have a Ugreen HDMI to DVI cable. I've set dvi_mode=1 and video_mode=4 as my display's native resolution is 1280x1024. Everything else is set to default.

Any suggestions I could try? Thank you to all.

edr

Re: No Signal on LCD Monitor

Unread post by edr »

You could also try video_mode=1200,1024,60 just to see. Make sure monitor input is selected correctly for the dvi connector you're using. Check if you have enabled settings video_mode_ntsc and video_mode_pal and if they are enabled that they are set correctly. And make sure your monitor really is 1280x1024 and not 1024x768 or 1600x1200 as some other Dell monitors are. Some more hints here, for a different Dell monitor - viewtopic.php?p=83569&hilit=Dell+2007fpb#p83569

mbstone

Re: No Signal on LCD Monitor

Unread post by mbstone »

Thanks for the reply. I tried different resolutions in the ini file and it worked. Wish I would have done that days ago because I was pulling my hair out.