One Must Fall 2097?

HurtMePlentyM8

One Must Fall 2097?

Unread post by HurtMePlentyM8 »

I've recently obtained a MiSTer and think it's fantastic. Started with consoles but have been playing around with the A0486 core since I discovered it was a thing as I cut my teeth on DOS gaming. I managed to install the Top 300 DOS games pack and noticed that one of my favourite childhood games is there - One Must Fall 2097. Unfortunately it keeps crashing right after a fight loads in either Arcade or Tournament mode. The demo fight between the CPUs seems to be fine for some reason though. I checked my setting and believe I have the sound configured correctly (same as back in the day) but still no dice.

omf2097.gif
omf2097.gif (32.3 KiB) Viewed 893 times

Anyone had any luck with this? I'm using the update all script on the MiSTer so think I have the most current version of the core. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Cheers! :)

FPGA64
Top Contributor

Re: One Must Fall 2097?

Unread post by FPGA64 »

HurtMePlentyM8 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:54 am

I've recently obtained a MiSTer and think it's fantastic. Started with consoles but have been playing around with the A0486 core since I discovered it was a thing as I cut my teeth on DOS gaming. I managed to install the Top 300 DOS games pack and noticed that one of my favourite childhood games is there - One Must Fall 2097. Unfortunately it keeps crashing right after a fight loads in either Arcade or Tournament mode. The demo fight between the CPUs seems to be fine for some reason though. I checked my setting and believe I have the sound configured correctly (same as back in the day) but still no dice.

omf2097.gif

Anyone had any luck with this? I'm using the update all script on the MiSTer so think I have the most current version of the core. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Cheers! :)

Be glad the Mister is saving you from having to play the game :)

jordi

Unread post by jordi »

HurtMePlentyM8 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:54 am

omf2097.gif

Have you tried switching dos4gw by dos32a? It's not a very difficult task, just google it

FPGAdude

Unread post by FPGAdude »

I got the game working by disabling L2 cache from the core's hardware menu.

blktiger

Unread post by blktiger »

Disabling L2 cache makes the game crawl. There's no need for that as it works perfectly with dos32a.

blktiger

Unread post by blktiger »

OMF2097 must be one of the best beatemups ever created for any platform. It's a game that's firing on all cylinders. Super fluid feel, amazing music and very deep mechanics.

I've been playing it since the 90s and can still spend hours and hours with it.

blahjedi

Unread post by blahjedi »

FPGA64 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:09 pm

Wash your filthy mouth out.

Monster.