Does Anyone Has a List of (What I Call Neo-Retro Games)?

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
Syntax Error

Does Anyone Has a List of (What I Call Neo-Retro Games)?

Unread post by Syntax Error »

Which have been proven to work on the MiSTer

goes for anything NES, megadrive, spec, msx, cpc, c64, ... you know, good knight, harharagon, hired sword 2 abbayede la mort , the mojon twins spec and msx/cps stuff, garbage pail kids, time wizard for the old atari, stuff like that : "neo retro" , coinz are mine for the spec, ramiro el vampiro, and so on

and cares to share it, im kinda heave into the neo-retro vibe of the past years, there is some great stuff, not just the AGA revival, lots of NES and SNES or stuff like the metal slug remake for the STE and always looking for more, tho i dont scorn the games the kid and the boy used to play in the 80s and 90s its great to see what today-coders do with old machines in way the elders never would have thought of ... and even simple stuff like space cavern blaster, coinz are mine or hermans is just AWESOME (imo)

i found this guy who is working on an amiga game named setttle the earth basically by himself, the whole scene is burning alive so

if anyone has lists ....
(proven to work on a mister, linus mint here probably comes with 50 emulators in the program manager thats not the point, i want it on the mister (and hopefully in 1 or 2 years the replay)

have at it if you want, maybe i missed a great game which is crying somewhere b/c it wants my attention

i specifically mean "neo-retro" that would be like "post 2020" but abbaye de la mort and hired sword2 and wolfling are probably 2019 its not THAT strick

12characters

Re: Does Anyone Has a List of (What I Call Neo-Retro Games)?

Unread post by 12characters »

Indie Retro News cover many new indie releases for old systems with a focus on old 8-bit and 16-bit computers.

Most games will work on MiSTer. A notable exception is many new Atari 2600 games that need an ARM chip (see this post for a compatibility sheet).

Syntax Error

Re: Does Anyone Has a List of (What I Call Neo-Retro Games)?

Unread post by Syntax Error »

12characters wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:27 pm

Indie Retro News cover many new indie releases for old systems with a focus on old 8-bit and 16-bit computers.

Most games will work on MiSTer. A notable exception is many new Atari 2600 games that need an ARM chip (see this post for a compatibility sheet).

i knew that one but thanks, they're a bit broader than most too, otherwise retro gamer nation and retro gaming dino are two of my favs - the deeper i dig the more i encounter tho , like Atari 800xl wont let you screenshot AND ... i can nowhere find the most obscure version of CIV 1 for the "mac plus" (which should be monochrome) ...

this thing should last me as long as the c64 does thanks for the answer, anymore pointers from anyone are always appreciated (i noticed stuff like NES garbage pail kids and other sells for AAA+ prices in 2024 still too)

Im am by now after so many months of having one convinced the mister is the machine that most impressed me after the c64 back when the kid