8BitDo M30 2.4g button mapping is off after March 23rd update

FoggyHedgehog

8BitDo M30 2.4g button mapping is off after March 23rd update

Unread post by FoggyHedgehog »

Hi all,

I noticed that I can no longer map the correct buttons on my 8BitDo M30 2.4g controller.
This is only happening for the Saturn core and the problem does not occur if I for instance map the buttons to a keyboard. I also used a second 8BitDo M30 2.4g controller only to have the same issue.

More specifically, the down button on the D-pad is no longer mapped while many other buttons are wrongly mapped and duplicated.

Out of curiosity, has anyone else had this issue? or is this a fringe case/my mistake somewhere

Thanks in advance

Retro-Nerd

Re: 8BitDo M30 2.4g button mapping is off after March 23rd update

Unread post by Retro-Nerd »

Do you mean the version for the Mega Drvie Mini, with an USB Dongle? This one works fine, i use the white Edition without any issues. Have you tried to delete the Saturn Core config files (in the media/fat/config/ folder) and start to configure again?

You could also try the latest beta core from 09.04.2024, which has a lot of improvements. It's the single Ram version.

Attachments
Saturn_unstable_20240409.rbf
(4.41 MiB) Downloaded 18 times
FoggyHedgehog

Indeed I should have been more clear. I'm using the (white) Mega Drive Mini with a USB Dongle on the most recent stable core.
Interestingly, both deleting the config files and using the provided (thanks for that) unstable core did not change anything.

I was also wrong about the 'down' button not being mapped, it actually maps to the 'up' button. The left/right D-pad buttons are mapped correctly.

It's such an odd phenomenon, I'll likely wipe the whole SD and start again to see if it changes anything.

Thanks again

** a Retro-bit N64 Tribute is working well, so I'll use that for now **

Chris23235
Top Contributor

Unread post by Chris23235 »

FoggyHedgehog wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:27 am

Indeed I should have been more clear. I'm using the (white) Mega Drive Mini with a USB Dongle on the most recent stable core.
Interestingly, both deleting the config files and using the provided (thanks for that) unstable core did not change anything.

I was also wrong about the 'down' button not being mapped, it actually maps to the 'up' button. The left/right D-pad buttons are mapped correctly.

It's such an odd phenomenon, I'll likely wipe the whole SD and start again to see if it changes anything.

Thanks again

** a Retro-bit N64 Tribute is working well, so I'll use that for now **

You can try to register the Pad again in the MiSTer main menu, maybe the mappins are messed up on this level.

pac

Unread post by pac »

You're aware that you can change the M30s behavior by certain button combinations? Probably worth giving it a shot / switching to xinput.

Attachments
8bitdo_m30_options.png
8bitdo_m30_options.png (110.62 KiB) Viewed 739 times
FoggyHedgehog

Hi all!

Thanks for all the great suggestions! After trying re-registering in the main menu and changing the controller behaviour with different button combinations, I simply wiped the Mister config folder. This in the end did the trick. I still don't know what specifically caused it and why remapping the buttons had no effect, but at least now everything is under control again.

Thanks again for all the feedback and patience.