Joystick utilities

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
shaitan

Joystick utilities

Unread post by shaitan »

Are there any utilities that help visualize button presses/stick movement or customize dead zones in a fight stick? I am using a Qanba Drone for most of the arcade games and I feel like I am getting a lot of false positives by not getting the stick juuuust right in some directions. Would be useful to just see what the mister is registering to get a better idea. I'm hoping I just am missing something obvious built in :D
jdeberhart

Re: Joystick utilities

Unread post by jdeberhart »

Fight sticks don't have analog deadzones. You've either moved the lever enough to trigger the microswitch or you haven't. You might be able to swap out the actuator at the bottom of the lever, but that's the only option you have.
shaitan

Unread post by shaitan »

Thanks, so finding a windows utility will probably help me out then. I think my issue is that if I go to hit up but instead get it juuust enough to hit up/left it will just register as left.
Jimi369

Unread post by Jimi369 »

Puyo Puyo 2 (remix) has been my go to program for this, at least for fixing and testing old school/digital pads and fight sticks. In the options menu you can see inputs for every connected controller. It was also released on just about every single system imaginable at the time.